Automatic crossover designing with XMachina

Can it work to set a 3 way transient perfect with the mid as filler driver ????

In addition to transient correct crossover calculations, this would require procedures to calculate the various driver set-backs (or ear-to-driver distances) to achieve the proper time delays.

Most likely, each speaker would need to be built initially as a stacked construction with individual enclosures / baffles for each driver, the user would move each module back and forth until the microphone measurements matched what the software predicted, and finally the driver location dimensions would be transferred to the final speaker design.

Nonetheless, it would be a wonderful feature if feasible :).

kind regards, jonathan

This seems me ok : GenFiller
Delay of real drivers in enclosure can be taken in account before with measurement since it can be set as input in xmachina. Still xmachina gives approximation of target response curves, but it would be awesome to have a preference setting to optimize for the less phase "turn". I just start to play with coaxial + woofer from datasheets, this is the coolest design software i play with since hornresp. Another idea would be to have individual driver response target to get kreskovs to use GenFiller datasheet target curves as input.

Last edited:
Just want to say thanks for sharing such a remarkable piece of software.

The FR and quality and phase of crossover point generated are not something that any mortals like us can achieve manually. I always get a nice smile everytime I transfer the design into XSim, watching the FR graph getting closer and closer to ideal every component I add, and then snap it is completely flat.

I plan to modify some of my current builds with a xmachina crossover.

Hello again,

Coming in for another design. Would be absolutely great to have some sort of diffraction tool implemented in this tool.

A box tool i guess is not as important as you probably start with the box/pipe and a bass + mid or midbass driver and then when ready with the box you have the need to connect the different drivers in that box. A box with diffraction from the baffle that has a clear impact on the crossover implementation.

Just wishing :)

And also, all my previous designs are gone.
Can´t see/get the FRD and ZMA etc up, and the projects are no longer projects according to Xmachina. How do I solve that?

Attachments

• Skärmklipp.JPG
    Skärmklipp.JPG
    17.5 KB · Views: 183
One thing that is really cool is that XMachina allow loading of component list. I am guessing it makes the search space for finding a solution tractable but also it limits component choices to real available values.

I wonder if anyone has created lists for the few popular brands and suppliers. Solen, Jantzen, Mundorf, Dayton. Parts Express, Parts Connexion, etc.

If not I will attempt to create one and share them here.

One thing that is really cool is that XMachina allow loading of component list. I am guessing it makes the search space for finding a solution tractable but also it limits component choices to real available values.

I wonder if anyone has created lists for the few popular brands and suppliers. Solen, Jantzen, Mundorf, Dayton. Parts Express, Parts Connexion, etc.

If not I will attempt to create one and share them here.

I can share a list of coils from the manufacturer called Polink . These coils are (AFAIK) widely available under the Jantzen brand. This is only part of their set narrowed in order not to cause unnecessary computational overload. The usefulness of this list will be limited as the prices are given in Polish cents (grosze, $ 1 ~ = 370gr) and the reference numbers in the description come from the manufacturer's store that no longer sells to individual customers. But that's all I have, when it comes to resistors and capacitors, I've been using the component list generator.

Attachments

• polinkinductorssubset.txt
    3.6 KB · Views: 46
maybe the file was opened in a text editor and saved with non-ANSI encoding? ...

I doubt that. But I didn´t use the program for some months, the computer maybe was updated etc etc etc so anything can have happened. I can try to open them and save them with non-ANSI encoding (if I figure put how to do that) and see if things change.

Also intereested in the baffle diffraction (what to use, and to have it in this program in the future) :)

I can share a list of coils from the manufacturer called Polink . These coils are (AFAIK) widely available under the Jantzen brand. This is only part of their set narrowed in order not to cause unnecessary computational overload. The usefulness of this list will be limited as the prices are given in Polish cents (grosze, $ 1 ~ = 370gr) and the reference numbers in the description come from the manufacturer's store that no longer sells to individual customers. But that's all I have, when it comes to resistors and capacitors, I've been using the component list generator.

I managed to extract some data from one of the vendor here in NA. I am able to import into XMachina but the price is not showing up. XMechanik do you mind take a look?

Attachments

• CapacitorList.zip
    892 bytes · Views: 47