Simulating Bevois Valley Morgan Jones

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2017
Simulating Bevois Valley Morgan Jones in LTspice

Hi everyone,

I'm new to diyaudio.com so please let me know if I started this thread in the wrong place.

For a long time I've been wanting to build my own stereo amp and have been educating myself on how tube amps work and how they are designed. I still have a lot to learn.

I have installed LTspice and have modelled the schematic of Morgan Jones's "Bevois Valley". This because it might give me more insight in how electricity behaves and flows through an amplifier.

I can't seem to get it working. I get the error: "Time step too small".

I simplified the voltage regulator because I want to concentrate on the actual amplifier.

For the transformer (Hammond 1615) I have used the model of Robert McLean, using his spreadsheet.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Please let me know if I don't provide enough information or anything. I'm here to learn.

I will include my LTspice schematic with the necessary .inc files.

Thanks a lot, I will really appreciate any help!

Bart

Attachments

• B_und_B_15_amp.asc
    9.8 KB · Views: 76
  • 6BQ5.inc.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 50
  • ECC88.inc.txt
    884 bytes · Views: 42
  • Transformers.lib.txt
    510 bytes · Views: 51
Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2017
Some screenshots

I think some screenshots of the schematic in LTspice and on paper will be useful.

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2017-10-18 om 13.14.18.png
    Schermafbeelding 2017-10-18 om 13.14.18.png
    355.1 KB · Views: 242
  • Schermafbeelding 2017-10-18 om 08.18.55.png
    Schermafbeelding 2017-10-18 om 08.18.55.png
    257.3 KB · Views: 327
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.