VituixCAD

For the life of me, when I upload the FRD file I get nothing in the graphs. Something comes up in the GD and phase but nothing in the SPL or others.

I have driverr 1 and 2 and uploaded the FRD files, I can't see what I could be possibly doing wrong, any ideas?

First step is to draw a line from the source to the driver on the schematic to connect the circuit.

The graphs show the output response of the network. The circuit is open until you draw the connection from source to driver. Whatever youtube video you watched has skipped steps or you've misunderstood it. I can't comment on it since you didn't link to it. In any case, this step is simple and absolutely necessary, it should become second nature by day 2 with the software.

Recommend focusing on the official tutorial videos and help file:
kimmosto - YouTube
VituixCAD help 2.0

About “Preparation of response measurements” document question

In Measurement gear ‘soundcard with 2 analog input channel’ it should be line in (in soundcard).
And 2 analog output should be line out (or 5.1 front) in reality application. Is this 100% correct understanding? If I am wrong please correct me. Your input always welcome.

Yes, of course 2 channel measurement is highly recommended process. VituixCAD is not measurement software, so recommend reading through documentation of your measurement software of choice, ARTA recommended, but REW also works if you must. You will find some documents with a lot of notes on the measurement jig and process in the help file, read under "How to start working with VituixCAD".

VituixCAD help 2.0

Hi

I'm new to speaker building. I just kind of stumbled upon the vuiuix software and go intrigued. Now after a couple of hours I have one 2- and one 3-way design. I've uploaded some frd and zma files I did in a software called FP Graph tracer.

My question, or concern maybe, is how well is the software simulating what I'm going to end up with? At this point I've included some notch filters to even out some bumps in the drivers responses. Is this necessary or am I barking up the wrong tree? My goal is to build a speaker with a flat response. Also, the speakers are going to move around (I often need portable speakers when I do raw mixes while producing music). So I can't really say anything about the room acoustics.

Joined 2018
Paid Member
Hi

I'm new to speaker building. I just kind of stumbled upon the vuiuix software and go intrigued. Now after a couple of hours I have one 2- and one 3-way design. I've uploaded some frd and zma files I did in a software called FP Graph tracer.

While stock graphs give you an idea what a driver can do, the only way to build a crossover is with actually measuring the drivers in the final enclosure.

Quickly went through the Paul Carmody pages. Unfortunately the procedure described there only works for so called on axis measurements. If that is good enough for you XSim might be easier for starters.

The beauty of VCad however is the capability to optimize the power response on the basis of off axis measurements with 5 degree increments. Those -2 channel- measurements and the optimization on that basis is superior, but will take you into a steep learning curve. See the VCad Manual for all that.

can some one point me in the right direction as to how you select /pick a wire trace...I mean right clicking works sometimes, some times it doesn't it just brings up a menu...it drives me crazy..i want it to select it like ltspice ...

plus when you place a component is there way to automatically remove that piece of wire that goes under it so it is in series without manually deleting it...

thanks

Hello Kimmo,
can you tell me what I am misunderstanding here? I collected 10 degree increment non filtered measurements of my 2-way speaker, with the upper channel being a waveguide/compression driver combo. Digital BSC question I made new settings for the digital crossover based on the measurements and found out after measuring that the result varies very strong from 7 kHz upwards, where I used two high shelf filters to correct the high frequency roll off. The measured results showed that the high shelfs are much more effective than vituixCAD suggests, making everything sound hot. Why is that so and is there a way how I can solve the issue? The waveguide used is the Dayton H6512.

Component Value snap settings are down at the bottom between the component values and the crossover variant selection.

"Selecting of component opens corresponding parameters to the list and shows additional list boxes. Component values can be entered directly to the Value field. Value field accepts metric prefix: p,n,u,m,k,M,G,T. Additionally, component value can be increased/decreased by Alt+Up/Down key or arrow buttons on the right or mouse wheel. First parameter can be adjusted with mouse wheel over the selected component. Increment is defined by component Snap value. Available values are 5 %, E12, E24 or E48. "

Kimmo isn't posting here anymore by the way, moved over to HTGuide as the "official" support forum for VituixCAD.

Sheeple, do you have microphone calibration file and in use with the measurements? I think VituixCAD does best it can do with the data user provides so there is something in the data possibly, or the filters have different curve in the DSP than what Vituix provides. I believe there is option to choose between different manufacturer DSP implementations in the options? There are only few selectable since most manufacturers seem to hold the data for filters for some reason (this is mentioned in the thread somewhere).

You could also tilt the high treble down if you prefer it that way because ears are the ultimate judge.

I'm sorry it is impossible to say anything more specific.