VituixCAD

^
Got it. I am no enclosure expert but get why so many design a narrow baffle, its a trick. Other than that, I would say Elipson did it right in the late 50's which Bowers&Wilkins "copied" in the mid 90's with their 800 series. Ofc, based upon Harry F. Olson's r&d. So that is kinda where I am in terms of cabinet shapes.
And I get that simulation isn't the simplest thing to develop. I am sure I will do just fine without :)

To show ANSI/CTA-2034-A compatible directivity report with Power & DI graph:

Rev. 2.0.31.0 (2019-11-22)

Main
* Added Early reflections response (cyan) to Power & DI chart.
* Added Estimated in-room response (dark orange) to Power & DI chart. Curve shows effect of the 1st order reflections if any boundary checked in Room tab.
* Added Early reflections DI (salmon) to Power & DI chart.
* Total power bias 10*log10(4pi) removed from Power response curve to avoid crossing with other responses. Initial Power target line lowered by 8 dB.
* Listening window response calculated as power average instead of pressure average.
* DI scale (right Y) minimum of Power & DI chart changed to small negative to show DI < 0 dB. Intervals modified to match with SPL scale (left Y)
* Added File->Export->Early reflections.
* Added File->Export->Early reflections DI.
* Added CTA-2034-A button to Options window to set defaults for CTA-2034-A directivity report with Power & DI chart.
* Listening window DI checkbox moved from context menu of Power & DI chart to Options window.
* Added 50 dB SPL Span to Options window.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
ANSI/CEA-2034-A

Project Description:
This standard describes an improved method for measuring and reporting the performance of a loudspeaker in a manner that should help consumers better understand the performance of the loudspeaker and convey a reasonably good representation of how it may sound in a room based on its off-axis response and how this response affects the consumers experience.
This standard applies only to loudspeaker systems, and not to raw transducers.

Designation of Proposed Standard:
ANSI/CEA-2034-A

Title of Standard:
Standard Method of Measurement for In-Home Loudspeakers

The Measurement and Calibration of Sound Reproducing Systems - Floyd E Tool.
(PDF) The Measurement and Calibration of Sound Reproducing Systems

VituixCAD Rev. 2.0.31.0 now has Spinorama. An explanation abut Spinorama:
Speaker Data 2034: Spinorama CEA 2034-A-2015 (ANSI) data format

Thanks Kimmosto, I have a few things to learn now.

Last edited:
^Sure. I just need to figure out should we have possibility to optimize by Estimated in-room response.
One problem imo is that Early reflections response is not very informative because strongest weighting is clearly to listening window and weakest to rear sector. That could cause some lack of valid information e.g. with asymmetric dipoles - not product by Harman ;)
Anyway power and listening window average are the most valuable curves at the moment so two new curves could be hidden by user's decision.

what is the best enclosure shape according to your R&D ?

OT I think it's not very valuable to know what is the best shape and dimensions for single driver with certain size, shape, depth and material. Multi-way is sum of multiple components so optimizing for single drivers could make total worse. For example multi-way with drop shaped separate enclosures could be worse than quite simple brick with rounded long bevels or wall mounted or wide quasi half space construction.

I found your website and I see that there is a manual. That is where I will start.

Program has also winhelp chm manual, Help->Help F1.

Good starting points are:
* Measurements with ARTA 1.9.1 or later, or Measurements with REW 5.20 beta 7 or later.
* Checklist for designing a loudspeaker.

The last one is kinda index for essential parts of the package.

I was remembering the recommendation from kimmosto, the Sonarworks XREF 20 Measurement Mic, I was checking if it was available relatively local to me, which it is.
I also found that Sonarworks has a room EQ software they call Reference 4 for Studio Speakers. I guess it is similar to Dirac Live (or not :) ),
I figured I would check for some review, found one from White Sea Studio which is a producer from The Netherlands.
I've seen some stuff from him in the past and my impression is that he is honest and up front about stuff, also knowledgeable.

So if you are curious about the Reference 4 software, here is video review/tutorial.

I am sure some of you have some inputs about this, if so, do share.

SPL max detection and auto scaling was not okay in the first build of 2.0.31.0. Problem could show if multiple drivers in the same way, and sum SPL is higher than tweeter's.
It's improved to the latest build, but does not look perfect yet. I have to adjust it in the evening or tomorrow when enough time.