VituixCAD

^Maybe a single wire from generator to driver?
Is so, please read manual couple of times, watch youtube lessons, load my example projects, play with example projects for a week or two, read measurement preparation document few times, purchase valid measurement gear, build turning table.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
:cop:

Its here :)

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 234
User must select what measurement data in Drivers tab each driver instance in crossover is using. Driver is linked to measurement data by model name with combobox above Parameters grid in Crossover tab. Linking is done when each driver instance in the crossover has also name in the label e.g. "D2 ER18RNX".

I'm thinking that maybe 'Drivers' tab should be renamed to "Measurements". User should not think that component number (D1,D2,..) links to measurement data. You can have e.g. line array of 30 drivers in the crossover, and all of those are using the same measurement data in Drivers tab.

Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Kimmo,

I have been playing around with version 2 for a couple of hours now and I have to say:

it is becoming FANTASTIC software!!! :up: many thanks for this!

One request which would be very useful for better polar response design; user defined ranges for the directivity plot (so I could set the range for instance from 0 to 45 degrees)
The current+-180 deg. is a bit too course for my taste.

This would be highly appreciated.

many thanks,

Kees

^You can and must limit sector with Half space checkbox in Options window if measurement data does not cover >90...180 deg. That limits also visible range of Polar map and other directivity charts to -90...+90 deg.

But generally, skipping of 90-180 deg is bad decision because is hides final tilt of power response. With dynamic dipoles and especially speakers having different polar pattern for different ways, 90-180 deg is almost mandatory.

^That is Scan-Speak which is easy and reliable to trace. Just set upper impedance boundary cursor (cyan) to 64 Ohms and lower cursor (red) to 4 Ohms and enter those values into textboxes. Select Logarithm scale and export ZR.

I suppose common mistake is that user tries to guess impedance at the bottom of logarithm impedance scale. That is not informed by manufacturer, so don't try to guess it. In this case it is 2.5 Ohms, but it's not clear before scale setting is correct.