Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

VituixCAD
VituixCAD
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th May 2018, 09:31 AM   #331
Vassilists is offline Vassilists  Greece
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMA View Post
select multiple fr. responses (shift + left click) and then "Open"
thank you but still it does not work.. I am in the main menu and i don't see a way to open multiple responses. any idea?
Old 25th May 2018, 09:39 AM   #332
wintermute is offline wintermute  Australia
just another
diyAudio Moderator

VituixCAD
Perhaps a screenshot will help.

Click on the folder for the driver in question.
select the first file from the file dialog.
hold down the shift key
select the last file from the dialog.
click open

I'm assuming here that you are using windows.

Tony.
Attached Images
File Type: png select_multiple.png (110.7 KB, 241 views)
Old 25th May 2018, 06:50 PM   #333
kimmosto is offline kimmosto  Finland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vassilists View Post
1. can I use any measurements as A curves to be added in calculator? What is the name and the path of this file when saved? Is it enough to have proper names tested with proper ending for angles?

2. Can I insert that file as power response of a driver?
Calculator tool is able to calculate power response, but it has some limitations (which main program does not have): angle step should be constant and full 0-180 deg covered (except with 2pi wall speakers) to get close to correct result.
Angle coding from filenames is defined in Options window, and the result is visible in A response list. But that response wouldn't be valuable for crossover simulation with VituixCAD because main program does not support power summing and calculates everything: power response, DI spectrum, individual off-axis responses, driver responses, phase responses, group delay, impedance response etc. with simulated crossover and loaded off-axis responses and impedance responses.
I suppose you are planning to simulate speaker with power responses of individual drivers? There may not be any workaround available for that method.
You can load 1 or 2 power responses as a reference response to Power & DI chart, but I don't see good reasons to do that.
Old 26th May 2018, 06:42 PM   #334
diyAudio Member

Kimmo, Tony and Pavel, thank you all for your prompt replies.

Opening a choice of files to cheat the Power response works! After using that some time I get even more excited!!!

What I want to do is to use the two targets trying different references, e.g.
Listening window instead of 0 degrees, or
rough Power using only 14 measurements every 45 degrees or
only horizontal power, or
early reflections instead of power.

Once optimizer achieves smooth responses with smooth DI, all above methods may have similar results with changing the tilt of the power target, or changing the weighting factors.

My goal is to save some time, combining these functionalities in order to optimize multi drivers placed in various shapes within 360 degrees placement and not only on the front baffle in order to control further the directivity.

The more I use the program, the more excited I get! Many thanks again!

Vassilis
Old 26th May 2018, 08:53 PM   #335
diyAudio Member

^Very good.

P.S. Library blocks with variables, option menu and mathematical expressions are coming in few days. Enables much better initial values for optimizer, helps calculating component values of OP amp stages etc.
Old 29th May 2018, 04:37 PM   #336
diyAudio Member

Version 2.0.1 with smart library blocks is out.

Blocks are still inserted as exploded - not physically grouped, but they are possible to select and move together by visiting in Tune block window. Components in the block are linked to "block header" with GUID. Block header contains common data for the block. Block attributes could be user questions, constants or math expressions.
Attributes are possible to group to Options. For example different filter types such as Bessel, Butterworth etc. could have own questions, constants and expressions.
Parameters of crossover components have new Expression field for math expression or variable name (if expression in the block).

Block tuning window:
An externally hosted image should be here but it is no longer accessible. Please upload images instead of linking to them to prevent this.

Purge command cleans expressions and links to block header if they are not needed anymore.

Parameter design and maintenance window:
Click the image to open in full size.
Expression parsing is tested with Test button or by changing Option.

Almost all library blocks are parameterized.

More information in User manual on pages 9...14.
Old 1st June 2018, 05:13 PM   #337
diyAudio Member

Hi,

1. How to optimize one active filter for a powered speaker with two way passive crossover?

We can put the same active filter in front of both ways but when running the optimizer they should both take the same values. Is there another way?

2. I had to change from active PEQ to active IIR , but after that opening the enclosure tool it cannot calculate SPL with crossover. Other tools like merger and calculator are working! Is there a solution?
Old 1st June 2018, 09:03 PM   #338
diyAudio Member

Quote:
We can put the same active filter in front of both ways but when running the optimizer they should both take the same values.
Are you using version 1.1? That can also handle common active filter for multiple passive ways but only with tricky workaround: whole speaker should be built inside the same way by locating components to "driver nets".

Version 2 is more logical because you can split output of active section to multiple passive "ways".

Attached/linked crossover schematic would help me to understand what kind of connection (and version) you have.

Quote:
2. I had to change from active PEQ to active IIR , but after that opening the enclosure tool it cannot calculate SPL with crossover. Other tools like merger and calculator are working!
If you mean that SPL graph in Enclosure tool is not changing when you modify the crossover, the reason is probably that correct driver is not selected in the main program, or Crossover of current driver is not checked.
But, I may not understand your question because merger and calculator have nothing common with that feature.
Old 5th June 2018, 04:29 AM   #339
wintermute is offline wintermute  Australia
just another
diyAudio Moderator

VituixCAD
I've just tried the spl and impedance tracing in vituixcad. It is awesome!! I can't believe how good it is!! Even a terrible image it just nails it, and the few places where it gets it wrong, a couple of mouse clicks and it is corrected!

Seriously good, and will save a heap of time!

To get this to trace with the tool I had been using, I needed to go over the curve in another colour first in paint to have it even have a chance of finding the curve!

Tony.
Attached Images
File Type: png scw636_spl.png (148.3 KB, 150 views)
File Type: png spltrace.png (215.5 KB, 146 views)
Old 5th June 2018, 07:13 AM   #340
diyAudio Member

Scanned graphs could be quite much rotated and also bent but that looks decent without editing.

SPL Tracer has some difficulties with crossed lines, but image rubber helps. Once I tried to make forecast function for guiding over the crossroads but it wasn't success. Forecasting won't work well with rapid changes in direction.

VituixCADHide this!Advertise here!