Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

VituixCAD
VituixCAD
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th May 2021, 05:11 PM   #3091
Boden is offline Boden  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quickly went through the Paul Carmody pages. Unfortunately the procedure described there only works for so called on axis measurements. If that is good enough for you XSim might be easier for starters.

The beauty of VCad however is the capability to optimize the power response on the basis of off axis measurements with 5 degree increments. Those -2 channel- measurements and the optimization on that basis is superior, but will take you into a steep learning curve. See the VCad Manual for all that.
Old 13th May 2021, 07:39 AM   #3092
jwest is offline jwest  United States
diyAudio Member

can some one point me in the right direction as to how you select /pick a wire trace...I mean right clicking works sometimes, some times it doesn't it just brings up a menu...it drives me crazy..i want it to select it like ltspice ...

plus when you place a component is there way to automatically remove that piece of wire that goes under it so it is in series without manually deleting it...

thanks
Old 14th May 2021, 01:46 AM   #3093
DcibeL is online now DcibeL  Canada
diyAudio Member

Just left click on the trace to select it, not sure what is causing you so much grief with this.

Don't place components on top of wires. Place components first, then connect them with wires. If you want a component in place of a wire, delete the wire first.
Old 14th May 2021, 06:35 PM   #3094
tmuikku is offline tmuikku  Finland
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to tmuikku
^^Dont use wires, just put the blocks /components right next to each other. Only few wires necessary most of the projects.

Last edited by tmuikku; 14th May 2021 at 06:49 PM.
Old 16th May 2021, 09:12 PM   #3095
sheeple is offline sheeple
diyAudio Member

Hello Kimmo,
can you tell me what I am misunderstanding here? I collected 10 degree increment non filtered measurements of my 2-way speaker, with the upper channel being a waveguide/compression driver combo. Digital BSC question I made new settings for the digital crossover based on the measurements and found out after measuring that the result varies very strong from 7 kHz upwards, where I used two high shelf filters to correct the high frequency roll off. The measured results showed that the high shelfs are much more effective than vituixCAD suggests, making everything sound hot. Why is that so and is there a way how I can solve the issue? The waveguide used is the Dayton H6512.
Old 16th May 2021, 11:28 PM   #3096
Jeff L is offline Jeff L  United States
diyAudio Member

Where can I lock in E6 and E12 component values, can't seem to find it in the Help
Old 17th May 2021, 03:52 AM   #3097
DcibeL is online now DcibeL  Canada
diyAudio Member

Component Value snap settings are down at the bottom between the component values and the crossover variant selection.

"Selecting of component opens corresponding parameters to the list and shows additional list boxes. Component values can be entered directly to the Value field. Value field accepts metric prefix: p,n,u,m,k,M,G,T. Additionally, component value can be increased/decreased by Alt+Up/Down key or arrow buttons on the right or mouse wheel. First parameter can be adjusted with mouse wheel over the selected component. Increment is defined by component Snap value. Available values are 5 %, E12, E24 or E48. "

Kimmo isn't posting here anymore by the way, moved over to HTGuide as the "official" support forum for VituixCAD.
Old 17th May 2021, 07:35 AM   #3098
tmuikku is offline tmuikku  Finland
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to tmuikku
Sheeple, do you have microphone calibration file and in use with the measurements? I think VituixCAD does best it can do with the data user provides so there is something in the data possibly, or the filters have different curve in the DSP than what Vituix provides. I believe there is option to choose between different manufacturer DSP implementations in the options? There are only few selectable since most manufacturers seem to hold the data for filters for some reason (this is mentioned in the thread somewhere).

You could also tilt the high treble down if you prefer it that way because ears are the ultimate judge.

I'm sorry it is impossible to say anything more specific.
Old 18th May 2021, 09:08 AM   #3099
Shaun is offline Shaun  South Africa
diyAudio Member

Applying the mic's calibration curve in the measurement process is usually how it's done.
Old 28th May 2021, 05:27 PM   #3100
sheeple is offline sheeple
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmuikku View Post
Sheeple, do you have microphone calibration file and in use with the measurements?
Yes, always. Is there a chance to export measurements from REW without the calibration being applied to it, if it was active during measurements?

VituixCADHide this!Advertise here!