Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

VituixCAD
VituixCAD
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th April 2021, 06:59 AM   #3061
shining31 is offline shining31  France
diyAudio Member

Hi Kimmosoto, as usual, thank you for your work on this amazing tool.
From my point of view, you work is as important as other open softwares like REW, Rephase, etc etc, etc...
You are participating to spread the good words (CTA etc etc) on moderns speaker designs with folks like Amir, Erin etc etc etc
Can't thx you enough
Old 20th April 2021, 07:14 AM   #3062
kimmosto is offline kimmosto  Finland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmosto View Post
Limiting feature is easy to switch off while copy/export...
That is done in the latest build a minute ago.
Old 20th April 2021, 07:48 AM   #3063
diyAudio Member

Quote:
* Added optimizing of predicted in-room response
Predicted in-room includes early reflections (44%) in addition to listening window (12%) and sound power (44%). Partial ER could be useful if some bad features of ER are not clearly visible in power response.
For example simulation which might explain my sleeve constant c-c = 1.2 x wave length @XO. Rule of thumb would be c-c = 1.08 x wave length @XO when optimized by power response only. Radiators are omni-polar in both cases so sleeve constant is quit much simplified.
Attached Images
File Type: png c-c_optimize_2500Hz-LR24.png (42.6 KB, 247 views)

Last edited by kimmosto; 20th April 2021 at 07:50 AM.
Old 21st April 2021, 01:16 PM   #3064
Hensolo is offline Hensolo
diyAudio Member

kimmosto
On the drivers tab one can change smoothing. 1/2 to 1/48 (none). Are there any reasons why the program does not work with lower smoothing? Data can be loaded from REW with 1/96 smoothing.
Old 21st April 2021, 01:44 PM   #3065
diyAudio Member

^Internal frequency points are with 1/48 oct. steps so that is 'none' and narrower are not possible.

You should also export measurement data from 5 Hz to 40 kHz with 48 ppo to respect internal scale of VituixCAD.

Last edited by kimmosto; 21st April 2021 at 01:48 PM.
Old 21st April 2021, 02:16 PM   #3066
diyAudio Member

Quote:
You should also export measurement data from 5 Hz to 40 kHz with 48 ppo to respect internal scale of VituixCAD.
Page 8 in measurement instructions.
Old 22nd April 2021, 03:21 PM   #3067
jack tam is offline jack tam  China
diyAudio Member

kimmosto
Excuse me, in the enclosure design module of Enclosure, why the filling option of sound-absorbing cotton is not added? What are the reasons and considerations? There is this option in Lsp CAD, but I am not sure how accurate it is.
Thank you again for making such an excellent and easy-to-use software, especially the baffle drop module, which is the most comprehensively evaluated and easy-to-use software I have used so far.
Old 22nd April 2021, 06:26 PM   #3068
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack tam View Post
why the filling option of sound-absorbing cotton is not added? What are the reasons and considerations? There is this option in Lsp CAD, but I am not sure how accurate it is.
Simulation of filling is not important imo. Accurate simulation is very complex which makes programming difficult for different multi-volume boxes such as band bass.
LspCAD changes virtual volume and Qa by percent value. There is two very simple sleeve functions without much connection to reality. No selection for location, material and density/quantity i.e. how tight or loose it is finally installed. So it's as valuable/worthless as random playing with Qa and Vb.
Old 23rd April 2021, 03:18 PM   #3069
mV8 is offline mV8  Poland
diyAudio Member

Hi Kimmo, I have a question about the Merger tool. Would it be possible to implement an option to display nearfield measurements of the port and speaker when merging with the far field response?
Old 23rd April 2021, 04:44 PM   #3070
diyAudio Member

^Shouldn't be a problem.

VituixCADHide this!Advertise here!