VituixCAD

Both versions have 2nd order Bessel, Butterworth and Linkwitz-Riley. In practice 2nd order with variable Q is the same as adjusting expected/estimated load impedance (Z parameter), though adjustable Q factor could be more logical for users. Anyway, I will add "Adjustable Q" option into Passive 2nd order LP & HP.

1st order LP & HP are doable for sure :D
thank You
with this it will be simply the best software for passive xo design

'replace filter block'. Selected filter can be quickly changed for example from LT to shelving etc.

Replace command would be valuable and quite easy to implement with active blocks because dimensions and terminals are equal. I've been thinking this since the beginning but not yet implemented.

I also don't quite understand how to conveniently switch over 'ways' in this new GUI.

There is not such thing/concept as "Way" in version 2. Starting point of a way is just a node in free form network. As discussed earlier, switching is possible e.g. with single 0.01 ohm resistor or active gain/delay buffer in the beginning of each way. Missing (compared to version 1.1) is just calculation of impedance and power of each way.

Old interface was so much better for active multi-driver designs in terms of rapid on/off/invert/time/level checks.

I totally agree, but significantly slower UI compared to formal ladder is fully expected with free form network. Existing X/O simulators with free form schematic have proven this unfortunate fact for two decades or longer. Ver 2 is not able to make an exception because ver 1.1 is unbeatable fast and easy.
Users who design active filters only are free to stay in version 1.1, though ver 2 is not actually so bad because wires and grounds are not needed between generic active blocks.

Of course editor is possible to improve, though this might already be the best available. Possibilities are endless, but this is freeware, I have daily job and limited lifetime expectation :D

We have powerful soundfield simulation tool with drivers placed in x, y, z, coordinates space. We can alter their radiation axis using tilt and rotation.

We have capable diffraction simulator where we can specify mic distance z0, height and side offset from driver (let me call it y0 and x0) and also distance to the nearest boundaries. User specifies baffle dimensions using kind of x, y coordinates.

Have you considered creating full 3D isometric (not necessarily OpenGL but static) graphical interface for diffraction tool linked in realtime in both directions with crossover tool? User could specify full enclosure bodies creating and linking lines or areas using end-points x, y, z, coordinates like in CAD software. Or user can do this free-hand like that wires in your new crossover interface. User could input x, y, z, r, t of his all drivers and place them on various sides of the enclosure. User can input his mic, well, three or six mics at once! Than, simulate diffractions and summed radiation not only on front baffle but on every other sides as well.

I think people could pay you for this. :)

Last edited:
Well, right. But from another side of view:
1. 'Donate' button is hidden deeply inside your website.
2. After opening we have all information in Suomi (Finnish language) so majority of people just can't handle it.
3. Until recent year Google positioned your website so badly that it was a miracle to get to it even when someone knew software name.

1. 'Donate' button is hidden deeply inside your website.
2. After opening we have all information in Suomi (Finnish language)..

These two are now improved. I was really surprised that language was taken from my home address. Not from donors or English which is language selection in my profile :confused: Stupid Pay...

Sorry about OT. Donations are appreciated but not needed to survive or continue program development. I'm just curious where the money is coming from and why it is not coming from somewhere else.

Passive 2nd order all-pass library block added to setup of rev 2.0.3.11

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Fantastic. :D

I actually ended up using two cascade 1st order all pass filters in my tweeter crossover instead of one 2nd order as earlier versions of Vituixcad (1.x) didn't allow me simulate a 2nd order all-pass.

By fluke it worked out that the two cascaded filters gave just the right delay, (occasionally I have good luck and serendipity :) ) but a 2nd order filter with adjustable Q would have made it a lot easier to tune if the required delay was somewhere in between one and two sections.

Last edited:
Nice thing about library blocks is that anyone can create them and try to sell me the idea that it's worth to add to setup package :) Something valuable is still missing I guess.

Few months ago someone asked transformer component. This needs some planning because I'm not sure what is the best and sustainable way to implement. Ideal transformers with and without center tap should be quite easy but some other parameters for non-idealities might be needed.

Nice thing about library blocks is that anyone can create them and try to sell me the idea that it's worth to add to setup package :) Something valuable is still missing I guess.

Few months ago someone asked transformer component. This needs some planning because I'm not sure what is the best and sustainable way to implement. Ideal transformers with and without center tap should be quite easy but some other parameters for non-idealities might be needed.

I would rather move to a schematic like solution were nodes are being calculated (like a SPICE program).
That way people can make whatever filter they want.
Especially in passive filters I am missing tons of options.

I would rather move to a schematic like solution were nodes are being calculated (like a SPICE program).
That way people can make whatever filter they want.
Especially in passive filters I am missing tons of options.
Are you still using version 1 ? :confused:

Have you not tried version 2 ? It has exactly what you're asking for - you can construct any arbitrary passive circuit using a SPICE style schematic. It's also possible to turn on node number display.

Or are you talking about active filters ?

Last edited: