Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

VituixCAD
VituixCAD
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th May 2020, 07:46 PM   #2111
napilopez is offline napilopez  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stankor View Post
***I don’t know anything about it! Please tell us what it is about? What is this? Thank!
Oleg
Hi Stankor. VituixCAD is able to automatically calculate the 'Early Reflections' curve from CTA-2034A or 'Spinorama' standard. But the Early Reflections Curve itself is made up of five averages:

Front: Horizontal Average of 0, +/- 10,20,30 degrees
Side: +- 40, 50, 60, 70, 80
Rear: 180, +/- 90, 100, 110...170
Ceiling: Vertical +40,50,60
Floor: Vertical - 20, 30, 40

These curves can further be combined into total horizontal and total vertical reflections.

I like to look at the individual components of the Early Reflections curve, because I like to know which parts are influencing it. For example,many speakers show a crossover dip in the early reflections curve. I like to see how much of that dip is because of the horizontal data and how much of it is vertical, since we know the horizontal data has a bigger influence on our perception of imaging/soundstage.

If you combine the horizontal averages to get 'Total Horizontal reflections,' I feel this is the most useful individual curve for describing soundstage performance. You could also calculate the difference between this and REW to get a 'horizontal DI' curve. This is not a part of CTA-2034A, but I like calculating it for my own analyses.

You can of course also gather this from the polar maps, but I personally prefer to work with SPL charts.

With the latest update to vituixcad, you can both view and export the full component curves for early reflections.

Last edited by napilopez; 29th May 2020 at 07:50 PM.
Old 29th May 2020, 08:20 PM   #2112
Stankor is offline Stankor  Russian Federation
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by napilopez View Post
Hi Stankor. VituixCAD is able to automatically calculate the 'Early Reflections' curve from CTA-2034A or 'Spinorama' standard. But the Early Reflections Curve itself is made up of five averages:

Front: Horizontal Average of 0, +/- 10,20,30 degrees
Side: +- 40, 50, 60, 70, 80
Rear: 180, +/- 90, 100, 110...170
Ceiling: Vertical +40,50,60
Floor: Vertical - 20, 30, 40

These curves can further be combined into total horizontal and total vertical reflections.

I like to look at the individual components of the Early Reflections curve, because I like to know which parts are influencing it. For example,many speakers show a crossover dip in the early reflections curve. I like to see how much of that dip is because of the horizontal data and how much of it is vertical, since we know the horizontal data has a bigger influence on our perception of imaging/soundstage.

If you combine the horizontal averages to get 'Total Horizontal reflections,' I feel this is the most useful individual curve for describing soundstage performance. You could also calculate the difference between this and REW to get a 'horizontal DI' curve. This is not a part of CTA-2034A, but I like calculating it for my own analyses.

You can of course also gather this from the polar maps, but I personally prefer to work with SPL charts.

With the latest update to vituixcad, you can both view and export the full component curves for early reflections.
***Wow! Intuitively, I understand what you are talking about, but I donít know at all how to do it! Take me as a student for a while. I want to make use of it! What do I need to do first?
Thank!
Oleg

VituixCADHide this!Advertise here!