VituixCAD

Have done a search, but can't find the answers.

I will be using REW for my measuring.
When taking far field measurements, would it effect your DI (and other parameters) if you gate some measurements, but not others?
My outdoor testing location will have no reflective objects in the front hemisphere, but will have objects creating early reflections in the rear hemisphere.
I was hoping to just take measurments in the front hemisphere, but now realise the importance of measuring through 360deg.

Also would you merge your near field measurements with just these gated measurements, or would you have to merge with all your measurments?

My woofer is not showing up in the crossover section.

I know the old version has a enable at the top and I am presuming that is what enables the woofer to show up in the crossover schematic in the crossover section.

How to I enable the woofer in the latest version? The FRD files have been uploaded and are in the drivers section.

So If I want to set the crossover schematic up with biquads, I chose Hypex in the options, as I have a Hypex Plate amp.

Can still use the crossover components or am I only limited in using the biquad option and entering the values in the bottom table that pops up?

What I mean is to set the crossover if I use a high pass and low pass does that constitute as using digital DSP or is that considered as passive?

You can use any active filter block that the DSP supports, including manual biquad entry. I would suggest staying away from the digital biquad block given your current line of questioning. Any active block such as PEQ, high pass, shelf, etc. can be converted to biquad for direct copy/paste to the DSP by right clicking on the block and selecting "copy biquad", or you can copy the block settings directly as well to the DSP.

Passive components are passive, active components are active.

Reactions: 1 user
You can use any active filter block that the DSP supports, including manual biquad entry.
So when you say DSP supports that means what my Hypex DSP supports in terms of the filter blocks right?
Any active block such as PEQ, high pass, shelf, etc. can be converted to biquad for direct copy/paste to the DSP by right clicking on the block and selecting "copy biquad", or you can copy the block settings directly as well to the DSP.
This is the bit I am confused, I am using the general high pass low pass etc, it says active low pass or active shelfing and so on.
I think I don't know how to differentiate between what block is a for DSP and what is for a passive crossover. But I get this feeling that I can use the general filter blocks and then convert them into a DSP by right click copy biquad. If this is so then I generally got it.

Passive components are passive, active components are active.

And am I copy/pasting each filter block or all at once at the end?

The only other thing that is left for now at least is once the biquad is copied I get a window what do I do with that? What is the process of the copying? Do I use those figures in my Hypex DSP? Apologize I just can't picture what is happening here...?

So when you say DSP supports that means what my Hypex DSP supports in terms of the filter blocks right?

This is the bit I am confused, I am using the general high pass low pass etc, it says active low pass or active shelfing and so on.
I think I don't know how to differentiate between what block is a for DSP and what is for a passive crossover. But I get this feeling that I can use the general filter blocks and then convert them into a DSP by right click copy biquad. If this is so then I generally got it.

The only other thing that is left for now at least is once the biquad is copied I get a window what do I do with that? What is the process of the copying? Do I use those figures in my Hypex DSP? Apologize I just can't picture what is happening here...?
You are really jumping in the deep end of a fairly complex program.
Have you downloaded Kimmo's VituixCAD User Manual?
It's very useful for beginners like you and me.
There's a lot in it, but it's set out logically. i.e. start at General Information, then work your way through to Checklist for Designing a Loudspeaker.
Once you have grasped that, then I found the best way was to experiment with Kimmo's demo files, continuing to read the manual as you go.
Then maybe start your project with all your own data and begin playing with it, referring to Kimmo's manual regarding the part you are working on - biquad, etc.
BTW, I am struggling to just do a simple passive design for a two way speaker. But every day I learn a bit more.(y)

What else could I have meant?
I think I don't know how to differentiate between what block is a for DSP and what is for a passive crossover.
Resistors, capacitors, inductors are passive components. Are you sure this is where you want to start? Perhaps some basic electricity and filter theory might be a better starting point.
Dealer's choice.
I would start by learning your DSP system, it sounds like you have much to learn before starting any work with VituixCAD.