Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

VituixCAD
VituixCAD
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd November 2019, 04:57 PM   #1651
pet007 is offline pet007  Czech Republic
diyAudio Member

Hi Kimmo, pls is possible somehow turn off In-Room reflection plots in Power &DI graph? For me there are too many plots in one graph now - for me is most important Power response and DI.
Thanks. (Peter Mervart)
Old 22nd November 2019, 06:23 PM   #1652
kimmosto is offline kimmosto  Finland
diyAudio Member

^Sure. I just need to figure out should we have possibility to optimize by Estimated in-room response.
One problem imo is that Early reflections response is not very informative because strongest weighting is clearly to listening window and weakest to rear sector. That could cause some lack of valid information e.g. with asymmetric dipoles - not product by Harman
Anyway power and listening window average are the most valuable curves at the moment so two new curves could be hidden by user's decision.
Old 22nd November 2019, 07:20 PM   #1653
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneminde View Post
what is the best enclosure shape according to your R&D ?
OT I think it's not very valuable to know what is the best shape and dimensions for single driver with certain size, shape, depth and material. Multi-way is sum of multiple components so optimizing for single drivers could make total worse. For example multi-way with drop shaped separate enclosures could be worse than quite simple brick with rounded long bevels or wall mounted or wide quasi half space construction.
Old 22nd November 2019, 07:28 PM   #1654
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdspeakerman View Post
I found your website and I see that there is a manual. That is where I will start.
Program has also winhelp chm manual, Help->Help F1.

Good starting points are:
* Measurements with ARTA 1.9.1 or later, or Measurements with REW 5.20 beta 7 or later.
* Checklist for designing a loudspeaker.

The last one is kinda index for essential parts of the package.
Old 22nd November 2019, 10:13 PM   #1655
JohnPM is offline JohnPM  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Dang, thanks. Since it is free, I figured why not upload it .
Because of copyright infringement, which can get this site into trouble. Just because there is no charge that doesn't give you any rights to distribute it.
Old 22nd November 2019, 10:16 PM   #1656
Oneminde is offline Oneminde  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPM View Post
Because of copyright infringement, which can get this site into trouble. Just because there is no charge that doesn't give you any rights to distribute it.
If that is the case, then I apologies. Admin is more than welcome to remove it.
Old 23rd November 2019, 05:49 AM   #1657
Oneminde is offline Oneminde  Sweden
diyAudio Member

I was remembering the recommendation from kimmosto, the Sonarworks XREF 20 Measurement Mic, I was checking if it was available relatively local to me, which it is.
I also found that Sonarworks has a room EQ software they call Reference 4 for Studio Speakers. I guess it is similar to Dirac Live (or not ),
I figured I would check for some review, found one from White Sea Studio which is a producer from The Netherlands.
I've seen some stuff from him in the past and my impression is that he is honest and up front about stuff, also knowledgeable.

So if you are curious about the Reference 4 software, here is video review/tutorial.

I am sure some of you have some inputs about this, if so, do share.
Old 23rd November 2019, 06:46 AM   #1658
diyAudio Member

SPL max detection and auto scaling was not okay in the first build of 2.0.31.0. Problem could show if multiple drivers in the same way, and sum SPL is higher than tweeter's.
It's improved to the latest build, but does not look perfect yet. I have to adjust it in the evening or tomorrow when enough time.
Old 23rd November 2019, 07:20 AM   #1659
AllenB is offline AllenB  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
what is the best enclosure shape
This would be good to discuss (in a thread somewhere) if you want to get specific. The question doesn't make much sense unless you fix some parameters.
Old 23rd November 2019, 07:24 AM   #1660
AllenB is offline AllenB  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmosto View Post
That could cause some lack of valid information
The spinorama sets look ok for making generic comparisons of speakers that are already built.

VituixCADHide this!Advertise here!