Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

VituixCAD
VituixCAD
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old Today, 10:45 AM   #1611
kimmosto is offline kimmosto  Finland
diyAudio Member

Cowboy exactly. Some talents and education would help, but this is just endless struggle for mathematically brain dead country boy. But thanks anyway
Old Today, 10:55 AM   #1612
Oneminde is online now Oneminde  Sweden
diyAudio Member

What got you into designing this software in the first place ? Did you look at LEAP and thought: I can do that better
Old Today, 11:49 AM   #1613
diyAudio Member

^Quote from 'VituixCAD v2 released', post #8 @techtalk.parts-express.com
Quote:
Few words about history of VituixCAD. I programmed my first speaker simulator in late 80s', including simple passive ladder network, very simple x/o optimizer and room response simulation by the first boundary reflections. Max. 4 ways and 20 drivers. That wasn't remarkable software though I felt that way for a short time.

In the beginning of 2k I restarted diy hobby by testing few simulators such as LspCAD, SoundEasy and FRD tools. LspCAD 5.25 was very rational and fast package, and I ended up to purchase version 6.0 with older 5.25 Pro, though I already had SoundEasy 11-12.

Programming has always been big part of my diy hobby, so I decided to start new simulator to satisfy some essential requirements e.g. calculation of power, DI and off-axis responses by measurements in two planes. User interface of VituixCAD 0.1 was imitated from LspCAD 5. Modern features such as moving and adding with drag&drop were added later.

Primary additional tool has been Merger since the beginning because acoustic labs are not available for common people, and weather is too bad most of time for anechoic measurements outdoors. Diffraction tool is the last member of essential tools because it helps converting measurement data from near field to far field. Other tools such as Enclosure and SPL Trace are requested by some other users, or just personal programming challenge if other choices in the market are not so good imo.
So I didn't have any physical or mental relationship with LEAP 5 That was available when diy audio was not in my top-10 hobbies.

Last edited by kimmosto; Today at 11:55 AM.
Old Today, 01:51 PM   #1614
Oneminde is online now Oneminde  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Great stuff, I for one am very happy you are as passionate as you are. I have LEAP installed but never got around to it, figured why when I have VituixCAD which is much more intuitive to use. Not only that, but you listen to feedback, user requests and so forth, that is worth a million in my book.

So thank you for all the work, in the past and future
Old Today, 03:58 PM   #1615
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneminde View Post
...you listen to feedback, user requests...
Not always. I can also burn bridges, be impolite and disrespectful. Quite strict opinions what is good and what is worthless or even harmful to me and others combined with limited lifetime and some laziness does not always lead to positive outcome.
Old Today, 04:14 PM   #1616
BYRTT is online now BYRTT  Denmark
diyAudio Member

VituixCAD
Amen good cowboy..
Old Today, 07:07 PM   #1617
ernperkins is offline ernperkins  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmosto View Post
Not always. I can also burn bridges, be impolite and disrespectful. Quite strict opinions what is good and what is worthless or even harmful to me and others combined with limited lifetime and some laziness does not always lead to positive outcome.
Just ask him what he thinks of single channel systems and minimum phase fies
Old Today, 09:49 PM   #1618
diyAudio Member

^I'm really tired to repeat that. Maybe I should not care a bit what the others know or (can) do, but that amount of disinterest could also be the end of public free VituixCAD.
It's clear that everyone is free to make own decisions, but individual cannot do much alone to change traditions repeated by ten others. Limited tools and poor methods probably stay alive no matter what is quality and coverage of alternatives. Queue of first timers is endless and instruction stickies guide them to swamp.
Old Today, 10:35 PM   #1619
AllenB is online now AllenB  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmosto View Post
instruction stickies guide them to swamp.
I think everyone can see that measuring will do better.

Without measurement is where we started, this experience is valuable even when we become advanced.

VituixCADHide this!Advertise here!