Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

VituixCAD
VituixCAD
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd July 2019, 05:37 PM   #1361
johnsurnamerobinson is offline johnsurnamerobinson
diyAudio Member

I think much of the problem lies in translation.At least that is my opinion trying to work through the documentation.Such I feel is the value of this software that I would offer my services IF my German was up to it.(Which it is not).I remember employing a young German man resident in the UK to translate some German patent documents (1980s).despite speaking better English than most British people,The translations made little sense.
Old 23rd July 2019, 06:03 PM   #1362
johnsurnamerobinson is offline johnsurnamerobinson
diyAudio Member

BTW kimmosto lovely dog.I have now turned to the dark side and got a CAT who now rules my home with an iron rod.
Old 24th July 2019, 05:58 AM   #1363
kimmosto is offline kimmosto  Finland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsurnamerobinson View Post
I think much of the problem lies in translation.
Not in this case.
I've continuously done too many and too big changes that maintaining second language is simply too much (imo) if translator is busy with daily job and other responsibilities.
Old 25th July 2019, 09:01 AM   #1364
mbrennwa is offline mbrennwa  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

VituixCAD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmosto View Post
Not in this case.
I've continuously done too many and too big changes that maintaining second language is simply too much (imo) if translator is busy with daily job and other responsibilities.
Dou you need a German version? As far as I can tell, most educated people in the German speaking countries can read and understand English texts on a good level. In my experience it is better and more efficient to get the documentation right in one language (English in this case).
Old 25th July 2019, 02:55 PM   #1365
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrennwa View Post
Dou you need a German version?
I don't need German help, but someone else might need English help has been downloaded 6762 times (90%) and German help 779 times (10%) in 2019 so German has not been fully up to date while about 900 downloads. I think alternative languages are good to be available, but continuous development and insignificant unplanned changes cause extra work.
Old 26th July 2019, 03:50 PM   #1366
Ssmith3 is offline Ssmith3
diyAudio Member

I love this software, and have been playing around trying to design a crossover for some speakers. Good stuff. I do, however, see one bug.

When you add a resistor or inductor from the main input line to ground, it will change the impedance graph but does not change the other four graphs at all. At a high resistor value, it wouldn't change them very much, but at a low value, all of the levels should be decreasing, across the board.

If i put a wire/lead from the input to ground, the graphs all disappear as they should, since the input is shorted out. But if I put a 0.1 Ohm resistor, which is nearly the same thing as a wire, there is zero change to the graphs (except the impedance graph).
Old 26th July 2019, 06:53 PM   #1367
diyAudio Member

^Connecting wire over the generator does not kill voltage source though it does not look realistic. Try to make legal connections and check that node number of generator's upper terminal is not 0.
Source resistance of generator, buffer and other active components is 0.001 Ohms, and resistance of shorted component is 0.00001 Ohms. Those two work more logical than shorting of generator with wire.
Old 27th July 2019, 04:09 AM   #1368
2MuchRiceMakesMeSick is offline 2MuchRiceMakesMeSick  United States
diyAudio Member

please port this awesome software to linux

or give me the code and ill convert it :P
Old 27th July 2019, 05:45 AM   #1369
diyAudio Member

^I guess we have to wait Microsoft .NET Core "99.0" with desktop app support on macOS and Linux. Wine, VM or dual boot are main options at the moment. Mono might work somehow someday, but Mono on Windows is not very promising.
Java VM is not an option at the moment due to argument passing by value only. Otherwise conversion C# -> java does not look impossible.

Last edited by kimmosto; 27th July 2019 at 05:59 AM.
Old 27th July 2019, 05:57 AM   #1370
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmosto View Post
Those two work more logical than shorting of generator with wire.
This one also works if there's something before driver. Shorted component (Z=0.00001 Ohms) is enough to drop level at driver's terminals. So I wouldn't call this bug.
Attached Images
File Type: png VCAD2_shorted_gen.PNG (25.0 KB, 117 views)

VituixCADHide this!Advertise here!