Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

VituixCAD
VituixCAD
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th June 2019, 06:17 AM   #1291
bartosz37 is offline bartosz37
diyAudio Member

Ok, thank you. I get it. This approach indeed makes sense, program has freaquency response of each driver in a box 0 degrees. In comparison to talking measurements with only one position of mic at 1 meter program has more data. Making baffle perpendicular to floor surface makes it easier to maintain the rotation center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmosto View Post
^That's correct.
Some compromise workaround is needed if speaker is too heavy or complex for tilting. Few degrees tilt while measurement is not so critical with ordinary dome/cone drivers. More important is that rotation center stays at the center point of driver on baffle surface. That enables setting of actual driver locations into simulator and reduces data overflow from time window while converting IR to FR with constant Reference time.
For example measuring of small 2-way with small circular drivers is okay at common elevation; average Y of W and T. That produces about 4 deg tilt error to both drivers at 1 meter, but makes things a bit easier because no need to move the mic.
Old Yesterday, 05:33 PM   #1292
kimmosto is offline kimmosto  Finland
diyAudio Member

Rev. 2.0.18.5 (2019-06-18)
* Added svg file support to Export image of charts.

Note! Polarmap should not be exported as svg due to excessive file size and missing contour line support.
Old Yesterday, 05:46 PM   #1293
Oneminde is offline Oneminde
diyAudio Member

Q: I have Polarmap checked, but its not displaying - what am I doing wrong ?
Old Yesterday, 06:07 PM   #1294
kimmosto is offline kimmosto  Finland
diyAudio Member

^Q1: How many off-axis responses you have measured and loaded for the drivers?
Q2: Do all drivers listed in Drivers have frequency responses to the same off-axis angles?
Q3: Is plane and off-axis angle coded properly in response filenames?
Q4: Does angle decoding rules in Options window match with file names?
Q5: Are all drivers connected with XO to generator and components not Open or not shorted to ground and impedance scaling ~1.0?
Q6: Is Mirror missing checked in Options?
Q7: Have you downloaded and studied sample projects Kontiainen and Epe-3W? If yes, what features/settings are different in your project? Those were measured with CLIO so angle values are multiplied by 100.
Old Yesterday, 06:13 PM   #1295
Oneminde is offline Oneminde
diyAudio Member

No to all. I'm used using on-axis and now that I am thinking about it, its the user problem acting up again ... lol. No worries, when I have cabinet data, I am sure it will pop up and work as intended - sorry for bothering you

VituixCADHide this!Advertise here!