Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

VituixCAD
VituixCAD
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd April 2019, 07:06 PM   #1121
kimmosto is offline kimmosto  Finland
diyAudio Member

^Not directly with existing code because charts are drawn to bitmap canvas and export is just saving bitmap to file. Supported formats are: Bmp, Emf, Exif, Gif, Icon, Jpeg, Png, Tiff, Wmf. Decent conversion tools might exist but source should be at least uncompressed.
You can export with bigger size if that's the problem?
Old Yesterday, 09:01 AM   #1122
mbrennwa is offline mbrennwa  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

Bitmaps are fine for photos and similar graphics that are inherently pixel based. Using bitmapped graphics for technical charts (lines, areas, text) just seems wrong to me. Vector graphics files would be much smaller, could be printed at any resolution, and could be edited easily in a graphics editor. But if the code is set up in a different way, then that's what it is. I guess I could always export the data and plot them using other software.
Old Yesterday, 09:21 AM   #1123
diyAudio Member

Vector graphics should also be rendered to bitmap to be visible on display (which is not a vector plotter). Only difference is where rendering engine locates in this chain. Line and curve drawing commands in typical .NET application look like vector commands so basically some custom interface could convert drawing commands to xml of svg.

But honestly, converting to vector graphics by exporting and so on is total waste on time compared to png with suitable size for publication. I really don't get any kind of non-productive tinkering when source is already packed and high quality.
Old Yesterday, 10:58 AM   #1124
mbrennwa is offline mbrennwa  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmosto View Post
converting to vector graphics by exporting and so on is total waste on time compared to png with suitable size for publication. I really don't get any kind of non-productive tinkering when source is already packed and high quality.
That really depends on your needs, and my needs may be very different to yours. What if I wanted to change the line styles for black-and-white printing? Or remove a particular line altogether? Change/remove the grid lines? Or change the font? Things like this are simply not feasible with bitmaps.

It is impossible (and unnecessary) to make everyone happy with all the details in Vituix. I can always export the data and do the plots using some other software.
Old Yesterday, 08:59 PM   #1125
diyAudio Member

Rev. 2.0.15.0 (2019-04-24)

* Added active Digital Biquad to component menu (BiQ button). Parameters are b0, b1, b2, a1, a2. a0=1. Response is calculated with sample rate of project, set in Options window.
* Added Paste Biquad coeffs command to context menu of crossover schematic. Parameters of the first biquad (biquad1) are pasted from clipboard text to top selected biquad block. Supported text format is compatible with Copy Biquad coeffs command and miniDSP manual mode.

Three new library blocks added; notch with digital biquad, OPA LP + notch and OPA HP + notch.
Old Today, 05:07 AM   #1126
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrennwa View Post
...change the line styles for black-and-white printing? Or remove a particular line altogether? Change/remove the grid lines? Or change the font?
Vector graphics export as .svg xml would be very nice. I'm not arguing against that. Disappointment is that it needs separate functions and extra programming work. I can investigate possibilities to grab and convert graphics commands to xml.

VituixCADHide this!Advertise here!