VituixCAD

Oh, on that notion it would be nice to have an active only version, where you could replace the impedance diagram with a copy of the directivity diagram. Than you can setup one for horizontal and one for vertical angles and keep an eye on both while equalizing without switching between them!
Thanks to kimmosto doable as a user set mix in directivity plot, guide below, example use listening window directivities set in options..

attachment.php

Attachments

• Slaughthammer.png
    Slaughthammer.png
    95.9 KB · Views: 343
Last edited:
Is it possible to add hidden option in "user.config" file for hiding active components from Crossover window? For people who will never use active components :)

No. For example active buffers are valuable also with passive projects. Read user manual for more information.

...it would be nice to have an active only version...

No. Passive components are valuable also with active projects. For example for noise reduction with very high sensitivity drivers, protection of ribbons and summing (due to missing active sum block).

Also is there a way we can contribute to the online database?

...Can you host the database on Github so it's easy for us to add drivers?

I will add missing drivers to online database. That gives some possibilities to verify that data is okay. For example measured data of some individual sample should not override existing official T/S data by manufacturer.
Just select drivers (full rows with row headers) from driver grid of Enclosure tool, Export xml file with context menu and sent file to me by e-mail.

Thanks to kimmosto doable as a user set mix in directivity plot, guide below, example use listening window directivities set in options..

That was "paid feature" by a professional chief designer. Not recommended by me but okay if designer knows what he's doing.
Feature is close to off-axis plots of some other XO simulators. Limited amount of subjectively selected off-axis directions is okay if speaker concept is very familiar for the designer and he does not have possibility to measure full off-axis data in two planes or has possibility to measure real far field close to full range with very long time window. Total directivity, power and CTA-2034-A reports (and subtotals) are not available without full off-axis data so projects might need more studying, tuning and listening; time and work.

Kimmosto,
I measured the frequency response of the speakers in the case as stated in the instructions. Microphone on the same axis with the speaker. Uploaded to the program. After that, I have to specify the Y coordinates of each speaker. Let's say one speaker is on the listening axis, the second is 150 mm lower.
1. Why should the program take this coordinate into account? Because the first speaker is at one distance (Y = 0) from the listening axis and the second at a different distance (Y = -150) from the listening axis? Or does the lower speaker have a different distance to the listener's ear?

Kimmosto,
Why should the program take this coordinate into account? Because the first speaker is at one distance (Y = 0) from the listening axis and the second at a different distance (Y = -150) from the listening axis? Or does the lower speaker have a different distance to the listener's ear?

As I understand, you did measurements with mic exactly 100cm from baffle for tweeter and for woofer. But if you have "design origin" on tweeter axis then distance to midwoofer is not exactly 100cm as previously. Program has to find new distance using Pythagorean theorem. Distance to midwoofer will increase and phase shift occurs for midwoofer measurements. So VituixCAD has to modify every midwoofer measurement for new distance.

I see the previous "Listening position" window in the room pane has been changed to "Driver offset".

Say I want to simulate a listening position of 550mm above tweeter with the woofer 170mm below tweeter. Previously I would do this:

- Set Y coordinate of "Listening position" to plus 550mm.
- Set Y coordinate of woofer driver in crossover pane to minus 170mm

However, with "Listening position" being changed to "Driver offset" this all changes.
What's the correct way of going about this now?

I'm going to make spatial measurements of my drivers. At the beginning I want to check my setup and if I make everything in correct way. My measurements are made in Arta in dual channel mode with mic 100cm from baffle.

I've measured:
1) Tweeter centrally on his axis (for impulse Arta says 99.93cm)
2) Woofer centrally on his axis (for impulse Arta says 102.08cm)
3) Parallel woofer + tweeter, centrally on tweeter axis.

During exporting every frequency response in Arta I've set start point on 300th sample, predelay based on tweeter measurement and end marker I've set the same on every measurement but not to take any reflections.
I've imported my measurements (and measured impedance) to VituixCAD and made simulation for parallel connection. Measure distance in options I've set to 1000mm.

I've attached some pictures where:
Black on SPL is simulation result and red is overlay from woofer + tweeter measurement.
Black on phase chart is woofer simulation phase and red is phase overlay from woofer measured on tweeter axis because I assume that simulated woofer phase should be identical to phase from this measurement.

On the first picture there is a result after importing measurements.
On the second picture I've set Y coordinate for woofer to -132mm as is in reality.
On the third picture I've tried to fine tune result by setting Y coordinate for woofer to -134mm and delay for woofer to -12us. And it's the best result I could obtain.

Is my setup ok? Am I doing everything correctly? As you can see the simulation result isn't ideal. But is it reliable enough for further measurements and simulations?

I wonder about Delay option for woofer. Should I modify it if I've made dual channel measurements? I think Delay for woofer should be positive in my case, not negative, but I don't know why negative value make better result.

Attachments

• 1 Vituix, distance 1000mm ,woofer Y 0mm, woofer delay 0us.png
    1 Vituix, distance 1000mm ,woofer Y 0mm, woofer delay 0us.png
    55.6 KB · Views: 245
  • 2 Vituix, distance 1000mm, woofer Y -132mm, woofer delay 0us.png
    2 Vituix, distance 1000mm, woofer Y -132mm, woofer delay 0us.png
    57.7 KB · Views: 252
  • 3 Vituix, distance 1000mm, woofer Y -134mm, woofer delay -12us.png
    3 Vituix, distance 1000mm, woofer Y -134mm, woofer delay -12us.png
    54.6 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
"delay for woofer to -12us"
The delay should be positive for the tweeter. For the woofer, accordingly, it will be negative. In terms of setup doubts, does the woofer operate from 600 Hz to 3.5 kHz? 3.5 kHz to 10 kHz there is pit. Does the tweeter work from 10 kHz? If so, why such a setup? Wrong measurements?