Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

Calculation of SMPS resonant parts
Calculation of SMPS resonant parts
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old Yesterday, 01:26 PM   #61
Osvaldo de Banfield is offline Osvaldo de Banfield  Argentina
diyAudio Member

Location: Barrio Garay,Almirante Brown, Buenos Aires, Argentina
It seems to me that you are complicating a simple thing like a SMPS. All capacitances will be combined in one, reflected to the primary, that will became part of the resonant tank, together with the MOSFET's and diodes' capacitances. Also, surely you will need to add a fixed larger capacitor to ensure the highest frequency the SMPS can reach at lower loads, or driving the MOSFET's will be a problem and efficiency at low load will became a large headache.
Old Yesterday, 01:43 PM   #62
kees52 is offline kees52  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osvaldo de Banfield View Post
It seems to me that you are complicating a simple thing like a SMPS. All capacitances will be combined in one, reflected to the primary, that will became part of the resonant tank, together with the MOSFET's and diodes' capacitances. Also, surely you will need to add a fixed larger capacitor to ensure the highest frequency the SMPS can reach at lower loads, or driving the MOSFET's will be a problem and efficiency at low load will became a large headache.
As I have seen, and read for low loads the controller go into skip mode or burst mode, that is the way a open output is done normally. But it did work also when play with the Lr/Lm ratio

For me I have to learn some more so I do this things because of that, I do not that the resonant tank is a whole setup of capacitances and inductions around it, the mosfet capacitances however do not that much, in calculation programs I do never see that I need to include them, for as what is needed, I have need more voltages and as such and no calculator I do play some around.

Hva now installed ultiboard dos, I go make a pcb and do experiment in real time, go make a protection for the high voltages first, a ground fault circuit breaker or such.

regards

Calculation of SMPS resonant partsHide this!Advertise here!