Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

LinearX Crossover Shop and Enclosure Shop and Windows 10
LinearX Crossover Shop and Enclosure Shop and Windows 10
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th May 2017, 04:49 PM   #11
mp006ltk is offline mp006ltk  United States
diyAudio Member

I don't think Microsoft is the issue here. I think Chris just didn't realize 2 things: That he could make updates and charge money for them, and that he could hire people who were also capable of doing the work. He always said nobody would pay for 64 bit support while he had a 100 people beating down his forum asking for it. He had to delete the thread several times....

To answer why I sold:
I wanted something that could run stable on a modern computer. The issues with running it on a 64 bit system are well known. I didn't want to keep a separate system around just for one piece of software. Every other software company I work with is up to date. Even Audiomatica, and Soundeasy .... I doubt they have any larger budgets.

This should really be a cloud subscription, like my CAD and CAM packages.
Old 14th June 2018, 10:54 AM   #12
Fefo is offline Fefo  Argentina
diyAudio Member

Hi guys, here`s a workaround I found for windows 10, it works perfect on my 64 bits:

Some Win10 systems may have corrupted registry permissions that create problems for 32-bit applications. This causes the LEAP install program to fail at the end. LEAP is actually usable at this point but the patches cannot be installed.

The below is a work-around that manually installs the required registry entries.

---

(1) Copy the below into NotePad:
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LinearX]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LinearX\CrossoverShop]
"ProgramDir"="C:\\LEAP"
"ProgramPath"="C:\\LEAP\\LEAP_XVR.EXE"
"ProgramVersion"="5.1.0.330"
"RegisterPerson"="YOUR NAME"
"RegisterCompany"="YOUR COMPANY"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LinearX\EnclosureShop]
"ProgramPath"="C:\\LEAP\\LEAP_ENC.EXE"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\LinearX]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\LinearX\CrossoverShop]
"ProgramPath"="C:\\LEAP\\LEAP_XVR.EXE"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\LinearX\EnclosureShop]
"ProgramPath"="C:\\LEAP\\LEAP_ENC.EXE"
(2) Still in NotePad, edit all occurences of "YOUR NAME" and "YOUR COMPANY." Note that the installation folder above is C:\LEAP. You can change this but I don't recommend it.

(3) Save the modified text as LinearxRegKeys.reg.

(4) In Windows Explorer, right-click on the LinearxRegKeys.reg file. Select "Merge" and click OK on the warning message. You should get a "successfully added" message box.

Now retry the installation procedures. You may still get an error at the end of the LEAP install that you can safely ignore. You should not get errors when applying the patches.
Old 22nd March 2019, 09:20 AM   #13
diogrey is offline diogrey  Romania
diyAudio Member

has anyone tried running it under Linux, Wine(kinda like a windows emulator but not one ) should support this type of program well, and this way the program can be kept going for longer.
I don't have a copy of the software to test, but anyone that follows a basic guide to Wine should be able to get it running
Old 17th November 2019, 07:18 PM   #14
CausticSoda is offline CausticSoda
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogrey View Post
has anyone tried running it under Linux, Wine(kinda like a windows emulator but not one ) should support this type of program well, and this way the program can be kept going for longer.
I don't have a copy of the software to test, but anyone that follows a basic guide to Wine should be able to get it running
I'm currently setting it up under wine since I only have Windows 10 Home edition.

It installs easily enough however I'm currently trying to fix an OpenGL issue when running EnclosureShop. It opens however functionality such as Layout Parameters isn't working.

Given my hybrid graphics setup, it could be a multitude of issues.

LinearX Crossover Shop and Enclosure Shop and Windows 10Hide this!Advertise here!