Any Software for Room Treatment Placement?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey DIYers,

I would like to add treatment to my room. I'm pretty new to modeling and measuring, but REW's room mode calculator has been close to actual measured frequencies for peaks and dips. I was able to determine the most suitable placement for my speakers through modeling, which turned out to be the exact positions I chose by ear years ago through careful listening.

This year, I'm looking for modeling software than can take the guess work (and dozens of measurements) out of finding the best positions for treatment in a room of known shape. Any help is appreciated.

Cheers, Art

Thanks for the replies. I'm sorry to say no, these don't appear to quite do the job.

I found it difficult to follow what exactly Cara is; I found no program to accomplish that task as per the name. There are add-ons and patches. I am familiar with EASE. Expensive for a hobbyist, more of a business tool.

The interface at hunecke.de using Stereoplay data is a bit oversimplified and lacks important data inputs: such as furniture position/orientation and other sound absorption materials specified by noise reduction coefficient instead of brand.

Again, thanks for the input. I appreciate those suggestions, but I'm looking for a program that can suggest the treatment placement and model the expected effects.

Cheers
Art

I'm looking for a program that can suggest the treatment placement and model the expected effects.

If you think this problem is amenable to clicking a button and getting a result you are mistaken. What you really are asking for is an acoustical engineer in a box, and a cheap one, because it is for DIY purposes. A pipe dream.

Take a couple steps back and ask yourself why you think you need room treatments in the first place. That will often suggest an easy solution you don't even need software for.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.