How to record/save a streaming website lesson as an MP3 file?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I neglected to say that I wanted a free version since I hardly ever have this need. Relay Media is paid software.

I then tried VSO from a google search. Although they say the $ version is only for accessing several advanced features I didn't even understand and it worked as advertised sensing and recording all the sites streaming tapes, once the streams were downloaded the software said it only did so for 50% of the stream and you needed to buy the software to remove the limitation.

I downloaded Winamp but I don't see a control to activate automatic steaming sensing for recording. Plus there's a regular and lite version so I'm not too optimistic.

I downloaded, as I'm writing this, Streamripper and will get back with you all and let you know if it does the job.

Mark

For Windows the cassette feature found in VB-Audio VoiceMeeter Banana is an excellent choice.

I started the web streaming, set A1 to MME, clicked the record button then stopped the cassette once the streaming completed, resulting in a .wav file.

However, click the file (85,275 KB--~8 minutes) and there's no sound. The laptop's speakers are on and volume's ok since I could hear the stream. I tried running the file with Windows Groove Music and Media Player with the same result?

Mark

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
You might find some similarities with Audacity...

Have you right clicked the speaker icon (windows one, bottom right), then select 'recording devices'. Now right click a blank spot on the open window and select 'show disabled devices' and 'show disconnected devices'. Select 'line in' as the default device.

Now try it again. Do you see an option for 'Windows WASAPI' and another option to use your speakers (sound card capture).

Try Audacity... it works :)

I started the web streaming, set A1 to MME, clicked the record button then stopped the cassette once the streaming completed, resulting in a .wav file.

However, click the file (85,275 KB--~8 minutes) and there's no sound. The laptop's speakers are on and volume's ok since I could hear the stream. I tried running the file with Windows Groove Music and Media Player with the same result?

Mark

Voicemeeter is a virtual audio cable system so you need to set it to be default driver for your audio through Windows sound panel options before you be able to record anything.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.