Installing and using LTspice IV (now including LTXVII), From beginner to advanced

Is it correct that LTSPICE can not use encrypted PSPICE models such as all the recent Toshiba models? (See attached.)

Attachments

• TTC004B Encrypted Model Error.png
    TTC004B Encrypted Model Error.png
    167.7 KB · Views: 253
The built-in LTspice NPN transistor symbol expects a model defined with the .MODEL directive. The TTC004B spice model is a subcircuit, so it needs a symbol file that expects a subcircuit. Using the built-in symbol will generate a "model not found" error even if you are using a subcircuit specifically encrypted for LTspice.

I created a generic NPN symbol to use with subcircuit-defined transistor models like this; it is differentiated from the built-in symbol with an X prefix, denoting that it takes a subcircuit model.

The forum won't allow uploading .asy files so the attached symbol file needs to be renamed xnpn.asy before you can use it.

Attachments

• xnpn.asy.txt
    519 bytes · Views: 93
I was simulating class D cascade feedback, I did get a kind of crash never seen.

I was not anymore able to close or open a menu, but it did simulating, what was not possible to stop.

Maybe schematic was to complicated but I think not because it was still simulating.

This was the first crash I did have.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter 1200.jpg
    ScreenHunter 1200.jpg
    448.7 KB · Views: 184
I found something that looks like a bug in LTspice?

When I do open a schenaqtic from documents/LTspiceXVII I get a error like this, in dutch because I am.

It means in english, error while sending the command to the program.

This is not a problem I had today, but it excist already for months, I have not further problems with it, just strange happening.

I have a other question also, when I want to simulate with AC analysis I did try to get this, I need zero,s and poles in the low pass for feedback purposes.. I see a lot of calculating stuff but I need for shure mathcad for it.

regards

Attachments

• ScreenHunter 1218.jpg
    ScreenHunter 1218.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 145
  • ScreenHunter 1215.jpg
    ScreenHunter 1215.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 155
This problem most likely lays in the DDE (dynamic data exchange) configuration of your PC. Maybe you removed some installed software, cleaned the registry with some registry cleaner software or you installed some software that corrupter the system registry, or … [to many to name]. The Microsoft Office web site gives some hints for fixing the problem (but don't hold your breath). If you do not know what prompted the problem it will most likely be difficult to fix (it may even be needed to reinstall the operating system).

e.g. This is not an LTspice problem (most likely)

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
I've seen that message several times when using W8.1 on an old laptop. Trying to think... clicking on the file wherever it was located rather than opening it from LT itself. It was certainly nothing I had done, LT was clean installed along with W8.1

The file always opened correctly though, it was just the message that appeared along with it.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
I've seen that message several times when using W8.1 on an old laptop. Trying to think... clicking on the file wherever it was located rather than opening it from LT itself. It was certainly nothing I had done, LT was clean installed along with W8.1

The file always opened correctly though, it was just the message that appeared along with it.

Post #469 here:
Installing and using LTspice IV (now including LTXVII). From beginner to advanced.

The fact I mention Vista means it must also have happened with LTIV

LTspice IV and LTspice XVII are completely separate programs that have nothing in common at the operating system level. I have both programs installed on my PC and they coexist with no problems.

Most of the time it works fine, this happening is just a happening who is rare.

Maybe I need to look at software so is a program I use have the same F9 button and interact then.

Oke thanks for reaction.

Hi all here.

I am try to simulate a circuit whom is part of a class D amp, and exist of a lead corrector for the low pass filter, Because I need
to place poles and zero,s, in this case a butter worth.

The lead compensation stabilizes the loop by pushing the LC filter’s complex poles into the left half-plane (LHP) .

I did try it with Lt-spice by AC analyzes the loop, but because I can not include the switching stage here I get different outcome, maybe I do wrong.
It is self oscillating and it jumps to 1.5 Mhz, has to do with the place the zero is, a lead lowpass with 468 pF and 2.7k in series do lower it
by placing zero high... So question is can I use Lt-spice for this?.

I did calculate the lag lead corrector but these zero,s and poles are quite difficult for someone like me who is bad with calculations,
maybe Mathcad needed or such. I have some success by the way.

I have replace the switching stage by a linear stage but need some non linearity here to see what happens, I have include the low pass filter and
use the op-amp as a replacement for switching stage to simulate.

I did some tests and it seems have some success (distortion pwm included lowpass see pic), but maybe you people have tips to simulate feedback cascades.

have included screenhunter 1204 pic where you see a uge supply ripple 50 Hz to test, and as you see nothing is seen in 1 Khz output. I have found this with LTspice as I ask.

Need good book about zero,s and poles.

thanks

Attachments

• ScreenHunter 1204.jpg
    ScreenHunter 1204.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 109
  • ScreenHunter 1224.jpg
    ScreenHunter 1224.jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 114
  • di ffintegratortest3.asc
    3.2 KB · Views: 81
Hi There

I have play with simulations for open loop and closed loop feedback, problem is with pwm I can not make these
log plots, do I right when use a amp in stead of pwm to di this, so I see it looks that it works, I get nice corrected
fase until above 100 Khz on postpoint..

But for shure I ask.

regards

Attachments

• ScreenHunter 1240.jpg
    ScreenHunter 1240.jpg
    375 KB · Views: 66
You can specify a numeric parameter for the resistance you want to use in several places. Just call it "R" as in the following statement and give it a value; I've used 1k just for the sake of illustration.

.param R=1k

Then, for each resistor in your schematic that you want to use this value give those resistors the parameter instead of a hard number. The parameter needs to be enclosed in curly braces.

Attached is an example.

Attachments

• Example.png
    Example.png
    6.9 KB · Views: 51
You can specify a numeric parameter for the resistance you want to use in several places. Just call it "R" as in the following statement and give it a value; I've used 1k just for the sake of illustration.

.param R=1k

Then, for each resistor in your schematic that you want to use this value give those resistors the parameter instead of a hard number. The parameter needs to be enclosed in curly braces.

Attached is an example.
Many thanks