Installing and using LTspice IV (now including LTXVII). From beginner to advanced.

If your circuit is unstable or you do something silly with the transient parameters, LT Spice will grind away for minutes. When this happens to me, I assume that I've screwed up somewhere. Usually the results are almost instant with my Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1035G1 CPU @ 1.00GHz 1.20 GHz, laptop 8GB ram. I set the transient parameters something like .tran 0 {10/f} {1/f} {1e-4/f} where f is the input SINE(0 {A} {f}), .par f=12k A=.5 .options plotwinsize=0

Joined 2011
Paid Member
if you define a .MEASUREment, can you place the result at the schematic screen (or graph screen) without having to open the error log and scrolling around to find it?

Remember that one .MEASURE statement can calculate 30 different output results , if your job also includes a .STEP statement which runs the simulator 30 times with 30 different values of a parameter.

Example: ".MEAS TRAN my_overshoot FIND(... blah blah blah" followed by ".STEP PARAM Ccomp LIN 5p 34p 1p" , will calculate 30 different result values for my_overshoot. One when Ccomp=5p, another when Ccomp=6p, a third when Ccomp=7p, etc.

I have install the new one, I have to say it is more bad then the present old sparky.

when simulating the scrolling is jumping, and when push go button it go on pause
and need push again. Then crashes sometimes or hang and not possible to get out
except with hardstop in windows.

The output waveform is not nice anymore, it do golf around when do a sinusoidal in
a class d amp.

The outfit, the buttons, it does not look nice, more a children playstation.