XSim free crossover designer

Joined 2009
Paid Member
There's a new update of Xsim now up -- http://libinst.com/Xsim/XSimSetup.exe

Mostly some bug fixes, a few new things -- derive a driver's impedance phase from only the magnitude of a ZMA file (so you could just make a curve from points read off a manufacturer's data sheet) The "file" curve in the Frequency Response phase can now be offset up or down with a dB offset scale control. Curve colors changed a bit for better visibility. Some hint bubbles pop up to show new users how to do some non-obvious functions (the hints can be turned off).

Note: Xsim has (even before the update) an "auto-updater", which I found out is HATED by the antivirus program Avast! Apparently Xsim's wanting to go out on the net to download the update gives Avast a scare. You might have to turn off your antivirus program for a few minutes to let it complete if your current install of Xsim tries to do its own update and your antivirus is particularly intrusive.

Thank you very for your Xmas gift.

Felipe

Thanks for the update, Bill. :up: Mine installed quickly with no fuss or muss, - - if only other software could do the same. I didn't notice any differences right away, will look for those you mentioned.

Pano -- check the export of the 'Filter Function' (I think you were the one that pointed out it wasn't working?).... that works now.

I'm kind of housebound at the moment, so I'm working on a few other features (related to editing driver SPL and ZMA files). No idea when that will be ready, maybe this weekend, maybe long after....

.....so I'm working on a few other features (related to editing driver SPL and ZMA files). No idea when that will be ready, maybe this weekend, maybe long after....

Great thanks for 2017 update, that said even without update find it fantastic and practical tool.

Should it happen be easy to do it would be welcome to implement "vertical center" menu under "Scale" for impedance window as is available for frequency window, cause is sometimes fiddle around with linearization of head phones and microphone capsules and then have to pick rough 20 or 50 ohms vertical scale to see the high value numbers for impedance trace inside scale of window.

Just want to say thanks for the program. Been playing with it for a while now and love the flexibility. It was easy to pick up and has been a great way for me to learn how things work. I’ve always been more of a visual learner and the ability to plug filter elements between an ideal amp and driver and plot the results has helped me a great deal. Thanks again for all of your hard work

I just got the beta and fired it up.

Nice!

I saw that the PEQ can export biquads to be exported into a miniDSP unit.
WOW! THANKS!

I'm going to try that as soon as possible.

Even though it is Chinese New Year here, it feels like Christmas.

Thank you so much for all your hard work. We owe you some good wine bottles, or something! :)