HOLMImpulse - Automated measurements

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is a tool for "semi-automated" impulse response measurements with HOLMImpulse. It speeds thing up a bit - gets you rid of all the walking from PC to loudspeaker and back again, setting gates, typing labels...

I wrote this little AutoIt script.

How it works:
- you enter what you're going to measure (i.e. list of polars, name of the D.U.T., etc.)
- click a button, the measurement process will start
- after each measurement you have defined time to rotate the loudspeaker, then the process continues without any need to go to the PC again
- after this is done, you have all the impulses in succesive measuring positions, named as you specified.

Instructions, step by step:

1) Measurement section in Holm is allways "A". Measurements will be stored from the actual position (i.e. "Empty XX").

2) Start the script via AutoIt enviromnent or just simply run the compiled executable (autoHOLM.exe).

The parameters are:

> D.U.T label (Device Under Test)
A name of the device. This will show in the measurement labels and saved file names.

> Angle list
List of all the polars you want to take, separated by '/', e.g. 10/30/60.
This will also show in the labels. Otherwise just the count matters - it's the number of measurements.

> Gating
Optional auto setting for time window. Will be applied after each measurement.

> Pause
This is the time interval the script will wait between successive measurements. In seconds.

(You can change all the default values in the script source code)

3) Click "Measure!"
The measurement process will start (there is one waiting sequence at the beginning).

Voila!

4) By clicking "Export" you can save all the measured data to specified folder. Just select the first measuring position you want to save in section "A" and click the button. All the measurements up to the first found as "Empty" will be exported in a predefined format as a frequency response file.

That's all!
It works for me but there can be issues with different platforms, etc., so if you encounter a problem and fix it in the source code, please let us know.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.