Transmission Line Modelling Software

I'm keen to help it be available, so I'll have a look and see if I can find an alternative way to get it available again online.

Sorry for the lack of warning about it getting pulled from the internet...

Hey smeet,

i would very much like to host your tool at my site, if that was ok with you?

i've been using it for some time now and have to say it's far to valuable to be forgotten :)

Last edited:
Won't install on my machine, even running as administrator.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

I get a message that windows security will not allow the program to install.

When I try to select it to add to programs Windows will allow it doesn't show up in the dialog, .application files do not seem to be one of the file types that represent applications (.exe, .msi, etc.) or installers.

How does the designing of the enclosure work? I'm willing to model a very large ported bass reflex/MLTL enclosure with two woofers for my tower speakers. Unibox couldn't handle the large Vb. So how do I put a second woofer in parallel in the model? And how does it work at all, especially the enclosure design? Please help.

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2018-04-21 om 14.42.58.png
    Schermafbeelding 2018-04-21 om 14.42.58.png
    764.5 KB · Views: 929
So im wondering about the difference in output between this and Hornsrep. Im modelling a THAM15 using an Oberton 15XB700, modelling the different sections as given by Martisson.
The differences I get are shown in the attached photo, with a noteable +5dB bump at 110 Hz. As I have no way to do a real-world measurement I have no way of assessing which is more accurate but I would be very curious as to why these differences may be in terms of the response derivations and assumptions used by both programs...?

Any help would be appreciated to aid in further simulations.

Attachments

• 38799157_1848824355213578_4976473821558079488_n.jpg
    38799157_1848824355213578_4976473821558079488_n.jpg
    1,019.2 KB · Views: 769
Huh! Isn't that special.........haven't done a TH.

OK, did a sim and when I do a bit of damping to HR's it's 'close enough' for me to the LATL's as these alignments don't match up to sims all that well anyway, though with the caveat that for whatever reason the LATL plot appears to be reverse phase [see my sims]. Change the extension on the 'Default TH' file to tlp.

All that said, I think I'll stick with HR for THs.

GM

Attachments

• Default_LATL_TH.txt
    1 KB · Views: 94
  • Default TH.txt
    834 bytes · Views: 79
So im wondering about the difference in output between this and Hornsrep. Im modelling a THAM15 using an Oberton 15XB700, modelling the different sections as given by Martisson.
The differences I get are shown in the attached photo, with a noteable +5dB bump at 110 Hz. As I have no way to do a real-world measurement I have no way of assessing which is more accurate but I would be very curious as to why these differences may be in terms of the response derivations and assumptions used by both programs...?

Any help would be appreciated to aid in further simulations.

The tapped horn model used in the Transmission Line simulation software is not correct - see Post #527 linked below:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/soft...n-line-modelling-software-53.html#post3744415

Good morning,

I am trying to model an MLTL or tapered TL using this software. Whenever I add stuffing of .75lb/ft3 in the top half, the response shows about a 30Hz decrease in resonant frequency with the overall response coming almost completely in line with the infinite baffle response. I know that's not correct, and the drop should only be 2-3Hz at most in resonant frequency. Does anyone know what could be causing this problem for me?

The MLTL also doesn't show much variation with port changes. The port is a branch off a split in the main tube at 3 inches from the bottom. I've used 2 and 3 inch ports of 1-3 inches long. I have also adjusted how far down the port location is at by moving the split. None of the 3 port parameters (location, size, and length) makes much of a difference on the response, which further makes me think something is wrong.

Hey All, hoping I can get some advice on a TL box I'm designing using the software from this tread. I have a JL 8w3v3 driver and am trying to design a box that'll fit between the back seats in my truck and double as an armrest. I first learned of TL boxes earlier this week and am excited to try making one.

I modeled a design in the software from this thread, and then sketched the box in CAD as close to spec as possible given my physical constraints. Finally, i updated my model to match the physical box (length, start/end area, driver position) and it's looking pretty good!

Interestingly, the box volume and TL model volume are almost exactly the same. I think that's a good sign. I can add stuffing, per the model, without changing the output a lot; In case that's needed.

Can any one who's more knowledgeable about these boxes offer any advice that might increase my odds of this actually sounding good?
  • I'm not sure what all of the graphs in the simulation software actually mean; e.g the system electrical impedance spike at 45hz is interesting.
  • The group delay seems high below 40 hz; not sure if this is something I can mitigate as I guess the low frequencies are all driven by resonance of the TL.
  • The tool doesn't seem to show a displacement graph - I think this is cone excursion - is there a way to find out if i'll be over-driving the sub at any power level with this design?
  • What other questions should I be asking?

Photos on Imgur
Design File for the TL software
CAD Drawing in OnShape (may require an acct to view)

Thanks!

Last edited:
I hope the original author doesn't mind but I've made an offline installer ...

Thanks! I spent a lot of time on Transmission Line design a couple of years ago, and I just came back to make the enclosures and **zap** the Leonard Audio app wouldn't start up... I always considered it as simulating with far more detail than Martin's spreadsheets.

Anyway, Happy New Year in 2019, and thanks muchly for making "Transmission Line 3.6.3.5" work for me again...

I was able to simulate response to 50Hz from an Alpair v5.2 in a 16"x13" overall enclosure. Pretty amazing if it works that well when I actually built it :)

Last edited: