Transmission Line Modelling Software

Are there any hidden files which must be removed before a re-install of the latest version 3.6.1.11 can be accomplished?

I was using and enjoying version 3.6.1.11 on my computer for days until an error message came up, after which the "enclosure" window never showed any design data. I could still run simulations, just not see any physical box design images, not even the speaker circle. I downloaded a new "setup" file from Leonard Audio website into a clean directory, but it does not install ... only generates an error message.

Did you uninstall before you did a fresh install?

Is there any chance of further development on this very promising tool ?

Pleeeeeease.........

blakkground

I can only apologise for the lack of development over the past few months. I'm so busy with work an personal issues at the moment that I just can't find time to do much coding. (and there's only me..)

I fully intend to do further development though.

Did you uninstall before you did a fresh install?

I did not uninstall TL, I just deleted the old setup file and all of my trial designs. I suspected that the TL error message I received could have corrupted my design files. My plan was to start over as an educated user.

I currently cannot re-install. I continue to get that attached error message.

What files do I need to find and delete in order to perform a successful new setup? I do not use your "install", I just download the "setup" into a directory and then run using my VISTA64 .NET and Installer 4.5. This method worked for the initial install.

I tried to use your "install" which used your .NET and Installer, but just got the same error message again.

Thanks for the support.

Last edited:
Ok, first update for over 4 months is now available.

My publishing certificate ran out and so I have had to create a new one. This shouldn't cause too many problems but it may mean that it completely re-installs and thus you may lose some of your preferences. Please let me know if this is the case as I'm intrigued to know.

So the updates have fixed a few bugs some of you were having:

- Fixed a bug where the Driver Isobaric setting kept resetting to Series.
- Fixed a bug where minimising the main window would cause an error.
- Fixed a bug where drawing Terminus cursor lines when there is no Terminus would cause an error.

and finally I have added an option to reset View within the enclosure window. This is in the right-click menu.

Hello Schmeet, I have installed the software and am exploring the many functions. Though many have shared the ways of creating a model. kindly guide How I can Stimulate a MLTL with certain port size. And also how to offset the driver location say driver position 9" from Internal top.

Last edited:
Select object, right click and select Split Element. This point can now be moved where you need. Now right click on the last element in the chain that was created and select Add Branch. This element can now be defined as your port.

Can you do a sample diagram for me to understand.
i want to check the effect of driver when used in 7.5"W x 8"D x 38" H Enclosure. with port dimension of 7.2 cm x 4" length, and difference it would make by changing port length.

Also kindly verify the 1:10 tapered Tl enclosure I tried to Model.
Remove the txt tag from File name extension is tlp. I had to do this to get file attached.

Attachments

• M16KH - Copy.tlp.txt
    619 bytes · Views: 58
Last edited:
I have looked at your TL model and it looks fine. You have modelled a 1:10 tapered TL enclosure. (Whether that is a good enclosure I haven't considered though).

So, the steps I took to get your 7.5"W x 8"D x 38" H Enclosure are as follows:

Click on the element and set the start area and end area to 60in² (7.5 x 8).
Set it's length to 38in.
Then click the boundary checkbox to make it a closed end. You now have a closed box.

We need to add a port so right click on whitespace and select "Add Rear Element".

This is your port. Make it 4in long and make the start/end areas 40.7cm² (assuming 7.2cm is the diameter?).

You then need to make sure that the end of teh port is open so check the Boundary Checkbox.

Attachments

• viki_v2.tlp.txt
    734 bytes · Views: 69
Hi Bjorn, abc,

At present the stuffing just applies an empirically derived resistance into the model.
I have been trying to find something that is more based on physics but such models don't seem to exist.

So, the stuffing number doesn't have a unit it's just an arbitrary number. I added the Low,Medium and High values to give an idea of what kind of range you should be working with.

If you compare a model to measured or published data then the values are roughly about right.

In all honesty it doesn't really matter too much, because when you add stuffing, you add it by adding how much you need. You don't weigh out 3Kg of mineral and place it in the exact right position. You play with it until it's right.

This stuffing in the model should be used to give you an idea of how the response can be smoothed out with stuffing.

That said, I will still endeavour to implement a better model for stuffing if I come across one.

You don't weigh out 3Kg of mineral and place it in the exact right position.

haha very true.

This is what I thought of whenever using the low medium and high:

Low:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

High: (im sure you guys will recognize this picture)
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

and Medium just somewhere between there.

I wasn't sure if the number had an actual measurement though.

Thanks schmeet!