Transmission Line Modelling Software

Hi
I did a quick simulation using your data and came up with the attached frequency plot. The driver is 15cm from the top and I have placed the port about 10cm from the bottom of the box. I assumed a square port because you gave a port width not diameter.

Robert

Hi,

Thanks for your reply and help. Not sure what I was doing wrong with respect to entering dimensions. this program is a little different from bassbox pro. port is round 3 inches in diameter.

Can you reproduce the simulation I posted or do you still have a problem with entering dimensions?

Robert

This is what I originally had. I had same start and end area as yours but in sq.m as per defaults of program. But doing something else incorrectly with respect to dimensions which i based on the Length, Width, Depth, of enclosure and Width Depth of port. Round Port is 209.6 mm in Length and Width is 76.2 mm. I multiplied these together for start and end area of port? Not sure if i need to add dimensions for the front option in this program. maybe that is the reason? (port depth should say 0.20955 not 0.2794)

Untitled.jpg Untitled.jpg2.jpg

Round Port is 209.6 mm in Length and Width is 76.2 mm. I multiplied these together for start and end area of port?

I assume you mean diameter of the port when you say width is 76.2mm. The start and end areas of the port are the areas of the circular opening. I calculate 45.6cm^2

Not sure if i need to add dimensions for the front option in this program.

The front option is used when there is some sort of loading on the front of the speaker. Not relevant in your case.

You can toggle any of the units by clicking on the unit symbol.

Robert

I assume you mean diameter of the port when you say width is 76.2mm. The start and end areas of the port are the areas of the circular opening. I calculate 45.6cm^2

The front option is used when there is some sort of loading on the front of the speaker. Not relevant in your case.

You can toggle any of the units by clicking on the unit symbol.

Robert

Yes, 3 inch diameter of port. Did change to your calculation but in sq.m. Port length is correct as is. Ignore my correction comment about depth change as that applies to the enclosure and is ok as is i believe. I still get the same mountain response. So what is causing this? something not entered correctly?

I tried inputting your port dimensions but I cant reproduce your response. Perhaps you have entered the speaker parameters incorrectly. Can you post the driver window showing the values you entered.

Robert

If you go up to the third post down from top of this page I have 2 Untitled attachments in my post. the driver parameters are in the first one. Also i have tried to change the area settings to cm2 in settings. does not change from m2. I have clicked apply and all update buttons. tried inches as well won't change. I noticed that sometimes I am getting a fatal error message for this program which says to continue or close. even uninstalled and reinstalled but seems to happen sometimes. not sure if that is to do with entering something incorrectly. This happened couple times when first opening the program after reinstalling would get faital error continue or close, it would freeze after clicking continue.

Hi
I checked the driver parameters you entered. The problem is the inductance which is 1000 times too large. The value should be 0.017mH. This explains the roll off with increased frequency.

Easy to make an error here. I discovered I had the wrong value for Qms entered.

To change the units of any parameter place the cursor over the unit next to the data boxes in the driver and enclosure windows. Clicking on the unit will toggle between units.

Robert

Hi
I checked the driver parameters you entered. The problem is the inductance which is 1000 times too large. The value should be 0.017mH. This explains the roll off with increased frequency.

Easy to make an error here. I discovered I had the wrong value for Qms entered.

To change the units of any parameter place the cursor over the unit next to the data boxes in the driver and enclosure windows. Clicking on the unit will toggle between units.

Robert

Okay, thanks

Terminology problem

Hi, people!
I've got a problem and need some help from you, please. The problem is that i can't understand the meaning of "Tapped Horn" term/concept as it is described in Help Manual. Does it mean that the horn/tube is folded in such manner that the driver is mounted on dividing board of horn and in same time is front and rear firing? I mean, i can't visualise clearly this and in the same time there is no adequate word in Croatian language. If someone can make it clear to me, even some scetch will beof great help.
Thanks, Vedran

You're welcome!

The administrator [Gregg Baker/Eeehaah] finally succumbed to his severely crippling, long term illness and it's my understanding a hacker once again trashed it around the same time, so the absentee owner [James Melhuish] just said 'enough'! I'm not even sure if there's still even a partial BU of it, just know there was at one time, which I have [had?], but is 'locked up' in two damaged HDs.

This is all there is AFAIK: https://web.archive.org/web/20140517134613/http://fullrangedriver.com/

GM

Antivirus Detection

@ GM et al

I scanned both the URL & setup.exe

Norton is giving a FP False Positive detection. It often does this, as can others too.

Norton = Symantec = same company ;)

SHA256: 45115f5ff58371800ec4f5cc17671252ba14099dc9d5a00ff958dcc6f8c76555
File name: setup.exe
Detection ratio: 0 / 56

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...dc9d5a00ff958dcc6f8c76555/analysis/1459497802

Additional information Advanced heuristic and reputation engines Symantec reputation Suspicious.Insight

Risk Level 1: Very Low

Suspicious.Insight is a detection for files that have not yet developed a strong reputation among Symantec’s community of users. Detections of this type are based on Symantec’s reputation-based security technology.

When detections of this type are triggered in Norton products the user may be warned that the application is unproven, thus allowing the user to make the final decision

https://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2010-021223-0550-99

Symantec’s antivirus products contain a highly sensitive detection technology designed to detect entirely new malware threats without traditional signatures. This technology is aimed at detecting malicious software that has been intentionally mutated or morphed by attackers. You can submit files detected as suspicious to Symantec Security Response for further categorization. For instructions on how to do this, read Submit Virus Samples.

What to do in case of suspected erroneous detection (false positive)In rare cases where a legitimate file is misidentified and subsequently quarantined, your computer may behave abnormally or you may find that one or more applications no longer function as expected. In such rare situations, you should open the Quarantine in your Symantec antivirus product and review the list of files detected as suspicious. If you identify a potential misidentification, restore the file from Quarantine and allow it to run normally in order to regain the functionality of your computer or application.

Suspected false-positive detections can be reported to Symantec using our false-positive detection reporting page https://submit.symantec.com/false_positive to contribute to the effectiveness of our product.

https://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2010-021223-0550-99&tabid=2

LOTS of files are named setup.exe ! So it would be better if software coders named them similar to the program, eg transline.exe Otherwise we can end up with many .exe's with identical names ! I always rename All setup.exe's i get, before i run them & save them.