Exploring Visual Analyser (VA)

Hi,
I recover this issue after almost 5 years in silence because today I found a way to run the latest version of VA, Visual Analyzer v 2019 r.0 BETA 64 bit, Download, under Windows 10 Pro, (1909 version) and I want to share it with you.

My experience has been all in 2020:
-Approximately 1 month of use under Win7Pro SP1, 64 bit, without problems.
-I haven't got VA running under Win 10 LTSC (1809 version) after 10 days trying.
-After all these tests I decide to install Oracle VM VirtualBox 6.1.4, with Windows 10 Pro, 1909, the RME BabyfacePro sound interface and the VA and bingo! ... it works great!

I hope it works for you too if you try it.

Best regards

Gul

Hi,
I quote myself...
-I haven't got VA running under Win 10 LTSC (1809 version) after 10 days trying.
... to inform you that I have discovered that I made a mistake using VA under windows 10 LTSC19:
Seeking to maintain my privacy level, I deactivated the permission to the Apps to access the microphone, but that mic / line input is the one that VA uses to work!
Once this permission is activated again, VA works as expected.
I hope it helps anyone.

Regards

Gul

Here is a good start in this thread,
https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/exploring-visual-analyser-va.212908/post-3383659
Here is another thread on how to use it too measure impedance of parts and more details of the interface I built,
https://www.diyaudio.com/community/...capacitor-impedance-graph.250758/post-3816243
I also use it as just an ohmmeter sometimes, but the FFT function for THD and FR graphs is what I use it for mostly.
The scope function works great and blows my analog scopes out of the water when it comes to picking the signal out of the noise floor using a 24bit card.........
Pretty Cool Stuff !! :D

I use it for testing amps in real-time, I used it to measure the performance of our ESL Step-up Transformers and measure the output of the windings on the HV side directly in to the soundcard using a properly made High Voltage resistor divider back in 2011-13.
Threads on that stuff can be found easily here.

I am actually getting around to using it again and currently I am building a more permanent interface design for my bench and getting back to building stuff after taking a break for a while, this stuff was one of those places where I left off !! :D

Any question you have Do feel free to ask, other than my own scopes this is the one Bench tool that is a goto for me, this and Wavespectra 1.51 and REW.

Cheers !!
:cheers:
jer :)