Impedances in LT-spice

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have been using LT-spice for quite a while and do get good and reliable results. But I would surely like to extend my analysis capabilities.
For one i would like to know how to do math functions like plotting U/I for getting a view on input impedance...I would also like to find a method for calculating or plotting output impedances of my circuits. This could be handy for analyzing different current-sources and current mirrors..

If you know-how..please chip in..:)

1st always wring out circuit DC bias, linear operation limits in .TRAN

then you can use .AC for some limited validity tests that rely on the "linearized" properties of the circuit - remember no "sim" is going on in .AC analysis - no clipping, saturation effects are shown

but these tests can include ratioing V/I in "Cartesian" plot mode the vertical display will read in Ohms

to test CCS terminate in a Vsource with AC=1 set, run .AC frequency sweep and plot the Vsource V/I

for a amp's output Z add a spice Isource with AC=1 to the output, again plot the source V/I

in .TRAN you can do single frequency tests with sine sources, I use fft and cursors to get I, V mag, phase of the test sources

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.