Software to analyze and equalize frequency response of entire sound system?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

This is probably a noob question, but does software exist that can say, play a frequency sweep through my speakers, capture the result through a microphone, then analyze the SPL vs. frequency response of my entire sound system?

It seems to me this would be a very useful tool to determine the settings for a software EQ to ensure that the entire amp/speaker system produces an even response. Of course, its accuracy would depend on the microphone quality.

Thoughts/comments?

Yes,I use,RewV5 as well it is a great program !

I also use,

HOLM Acoustics

Virtual analyzer 2011,

Visual Analyser 2011 XE

True Audio,

TrueRTA Audio Spectrum Analyzer Software

Audacity is very useful,

Audacity: Free Audio Editor and Recorder

Wavespectra 1.4E,the link is some where in these threads.
It is an old progarm so it is difficult to find.
But its FFT and scope displays work great but it is only 16 bit I believe.
It has always worked flawless for me.

here is a bunch more,

Spectrum - Software: Spectrum analyzers

The ones that I had mentioned are free.
There are many free VST types that I use as well should you decide to go that route all working realtime.

I also recently descovered this one as well just last night and it is an awesome program!

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/soft...lti-instrument-v3-2-software.html#post2907709

MI.7z.

I use all of these and are the main ones that I use.
Each has it's own good and bad points but they all work good and produce the same data consistently between them.

enjoy !!!

:Cheers:

jer :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.