Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

Speaker Workshop - Compile new executable for Win7 and Mac.
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th January 2019, 11:56 AM   #21
andy19191 is offline andy19191  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoogWater View Post
I have released version 1.1.1 of Speaker Workshop in both 32 and 64 bit.
A few years ago I looked at the possibility of using the code as the starting point for a cross platform speaker design program (linux, osx, windows and possibly mobile and possibly web). It appeared to lack the usual modular organisation of engineering programs and particularly the separation of the user interface code from the simulation code. Although it had established users who generally seemed to think well of the code it was not judged to be a useful starting point. I suspect others came to similar conclusions. It would be interesting to know your view, what prompted you to start working with the code and where you would like to go with it.
Old 16th January 2019, 01:23 AM   #22
AllenB is offline AllenB  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I have released version 1.1.1 of Speaker Workshop in both 32 and 64 bit.
Do we have to build this ourselves or is there an install package?
Old 16th January 2019, 02:05 AM   #23
wintermute is offline wintermute  Australia
just another
diyAudio Moderator

Allen, the .7z file on this page Releases * RDamman/SpeakerWorkshop * GitHub has the exe's (I haven't tried yet).

Tony.
Old 16th January 2019, 01:56 PM   #24
HoogWater is offline HoogWater  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenB View Post
Do we have to build this ourselves or is there an install package?
You can find the program at: https://github.com/RDamman/SpeakerWo...kshop_1_1_1.7z

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy19191 View Post
A few years ago I looked at the possibility of using the code as the starting point for a cross platform speaker design program (linux, osx, windows and possibly mobile and possibly web). It appeared to lack the usual modular organisation of engineering programs and particularly the separation of the user interface code from the simulation code. Although it had established users who generally seemed to think well of the code it was not judged to be a useful starting point. I suspect others came to similar conclusions. It would be interesting to know your view, what prompted you to start working with the code and where you would like to go with it.
I think the code is fairly decent for that years. The only goal was to revive the program.
Old 16th January 2019, 03:33 PM   #25
andy19191 is offline andy19191  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I think the code is fairly decent for that years. My only goal was to revive the program.
Thanks for the reply. Does reviving the code involve developing it further yourself or more getting it to compile and run cleanly on a Microsoft platform in 2019 and seeing if others get involved to develop it further?
Old 17th January 2019, 04:32 AM   #26
percy is offline percy  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I have released version 1.1.1 of Speaker Workshop in both 32 and 64 bit. It can read SWD files of the 1.0.6 version. New SWD files can't be read by 1.0.6.
Speaker Workshop can be downloaded at:
GitHub - RDamman/SpeakerWorkshop: Speaker Workshop is an application for testing speaker drivers using a Windows sound card, then designing and simulating loudspeakers and enclosures and creating and optimizing crossovers.

Regards,

Roy Damman
This is fantastic! Thanks and Kudos for doing this!
and thanks for updating this thread. its good to see finally someone did do it after 8 years!

Are you open to establishing a bug/defect list to improve upon what you have done already ?

Sure there is ARTA and HolmImpulse but SW is still king for the combination of measurements AND crossover design both together in one FREE software (unless I am really out of touch with other developments now in this area).
Old 17th January 2019, 08:51 AM   #27
AllenB is offline AllenB  Australia
diyAudio Member

Many thanks
Old 17th January 2019, 02:52 PM   #28
davidsrsb is offline davidsrsb  Malaysia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Thanks for your efforts.
It runs on my Win7 64 PC.

I was getting worried that I was going to be without a tool soon as Holmimpulse has reached breakdown point on modern machines/OS
Old 23rd January 2019, 01:48 PM   #29
HoogWater is offline HoogWater  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Issues with the latest version of Speaker Workshop can be submitted at:
Issues * RDamman/SpeakerWorkshop * GitHub

Please give a detailed description of the issue and if the issue was already present in the old version.

Speaker Workshop - Compile new executable for Win7 and Mac.Hide this!Advertise here!