Fuzzmeasure advice

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
A measure mic, and an ADC/DAC combo.

The cheap mic to get is a calibrated Behringer ECM8000 from Cross-spectrum. Iffy below 100 & above 10k but sufficient for most diyers purposes. For really serious stuff an Earthworks ($650+?).

Then you need an interface. I have an Edirol FA66 which connects by Firewire. There are quite a few other brands & they come in Firewire & USB. USB tends to run cheaper, but Firewire tends to run at higher sampling rates with less problems. My FA66 doubles as a Firewire DAC for my music server.

dave

Is there anything between the two mics ? not as high as 650 bucks but better than the ECM8000 ?

Is the ART Dual USB good enough or is it worth to get something better for measurement and design/set up ??

Audix Mic TM1 looks like a common mic too is that a step up or just fancier look ?

cheers

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I've never been able to afford more than the ECM8000 so have not done any serious shoping.

The ART Dual USB might do with the ECM, but step up to a more extended mic and you need something that does at least 24/96. It is also not clear whether it will output from the computer at the same time as you get input from the mics (a necessary feature)

dave

Hopping on an old thread.

Struggling to get measurements though REW or Fuzzmeasure;

I have a Behringher UCM22 & ECM8000 mic, connected up to my mac, running through a Cambridge Audio integrated amp, and to some Mark Audio speakers. It plays music fine and my mac is picking up the microphone input (on system settings, and shows input fluctuating and turns off with 48v power switch).

But both software are saying the input is too low. Ive tried cranking it up 75% full power so its painfully loud, and playing with the gains but no luck.

Any tech support guys out there who can help?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.