ARTA - using ARTA to measure room acoustics!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Once again....

I have been able to start my testing with ARTA . However – I have millions of questions on how to use it best and get reliable results. I should also mention that (At the moment) I only use it to measure the sound in my listening room – to optimize my room correction algorithm and acoustical tratments (absorbers, HelmHolz etc)

Since there will be a lot of questions in this post – I will assing each of them with a number for reference!

So – I am trying to get the best possible sound from my HiFi system. This system is currently composed by:

*PC (JRiver music player, Convolver VST plug-in with FIR room correction and XO filter)
*Lynx AES 16e PCI soundcard with 8 channel digital I/O
*Digital Audio Denmark AX 24 – 6 channel DA convert and 2 channel Mic preamp/AD
*3 x Dynamic Precision DP A1S EBW (Norwegians amps, excellent specs and bandwith)
*Overkill Audio Finale loadspeakers (12`sealed enclosere, 10`open baffel, Manger head units)

Acoustical treatment – 2 x Svanå V6 + 2 x V4 HelmHolz resonators
And lots of absorbers that might make its way into the living room!

For measurements I use a EarthworksM30 connected to the Micpreamp of the AX24(which is SOTA)

Some pictures of the set up:

Amps, DAC and Helmholz and diffursors from Svanå
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The way I usually listen....
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The rest of the room (and a couple more HelmHolz)

OK...so I hope this thread can be a «how to» and sharing experiences» with the ARTA acoustic software.

All my measurements are taken in the sweetspot!

As far as I understand you can retrieve pretty much every analysis from the impulse respons.
And I have been able to record the impulse respons with this set up:

1)Is this the most accurate/best way to record the impulse respons?

I used this to create the two most «interesting» measurements for my set up:

Cumulative Spectral Decay
2)Does my CSD look OK ?
(I had expected decay time difference to be much larger between low frequencies and high frequencies. I had also expected to see standing wawes much clearer!)

Another graph I was very interested in was the reverbation times:

3) Does this look OK (I did naturally expect some of the same behaviour as for the CSD – and I am very suprised that it actually falls below 300 Hz)

4)My forth questions is about drivers.

I am using digital crossovers in my system – so in another program I am using (Audiolense – which creates the FIR filter for my correction) I can use ASIO drivers – and do partial measurement for each output! Typically when doing a frequency sweep the outoput will be:
Output 1 – left channel DC-150Hz
Output 2 – Left Channel 150-700 Hz
Output 3 – Left Channel 700-25000Hz.
And 4,5 and 6 for rght channel...?

Is such a set up possible in ARTA...?

If not – I will have to rout the output thru a digital loop with crossovers – and that causes quite a lot of latency!

Any feedbacks are welcome!

Thanks!

Best regards
OMF

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.