Question about X-Over Pro

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I'm new to the forums =)

I'm building my first set of speakers. For the crossover network design I'm using X-Over Pro.

The speakers I'm gonna be using are:
Woofer: Dayton DA175-8
Mid: Dayton DA135-8
Tweeter: Tang Band 25-1719S

The problem is that the tweeter is rated at 4ohms while the other 2 drivers are 8ohm. My question is, Does X-Over Pro automatically compensate for that difference and add any component necessary to the network? If not, what can I do to correct that problem?

I know that finding a tweeter rated at 8ohms is the easiest solution, but I have tried the crossover network design with other tweeters and they where ether too difficult to crossover making the network too complex for my first build, out of budget or both.

Hi Xample, I use X-over pro, and suggest tou read the on screen help, Looking in 'Matching driver levels' . It will suggest L-Pads. Normanaly, the impedance of the driver is used for frequency calcs and the DC resistance is also used in the filter design.
You could try just editing the database of that tweeter you use from say 3.6R to 7.2R (R=ohms) or what ever, then compare component results. Hope this helped.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.