Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

Spice simulation
Spice simulation
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd March 2008, 11:40 AM   #541
fotios is offline fotios  Greece
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by teodorom
As I have already said, in trying to get reasonable models starting from, e.g., OnSemi datasheets, I found quite impossible to get consistent SGP models parametes from the various informations therein.
E.g. I found that the IS, NF values one can get from VBE(on) versus IC (for IC<1), are not appropriate when trying to get the other parameters (BF, IKF, ISE, NE) from hFE versus IC.
Now ! the doubt ... are the OnSemi datasheets reliable ?
I looked at the MOSPEC datasheets (http://www.ortodoxism.ro/datasheets/mospec/2SA1302.pdf ) for the 2SA1302 that should be the same as the OnSemi MJL1302A: they provide different information.
Am I wrong ?
Thanks
Hi Teodoro

I agree absolutely with you in all that you refer in your two posts -and not because your name it is of Byzantine origin - a thing that is obvious from my posts. Unfortunelly no one has the taste to give a response in you. They seems like to live in their "cosmara" (a tricky word in Greek which is the superlative degree of the word cosmos, in the same way we say a beautifull goal "goalara", a beatifull women "gomenara" and so on, generally we use the ending "ara" in everything we want to express it in the superlative degree). So many verbosity around the Spice! Hey guys attention in chandelier to not break it! And you Teodoro and me the Photius and some few others we are models -not SPICE- of a simulation with Jean Baptist Clemans (known also in Christians as "one who speaks loudly in the desert"-from people of course-) and i hope all of others not "ask our head on plate" such as made finally the queen Salome in him so he stop to speak.
I am not sorry if you consider this post out off topic

Cheers to you and in all beloved Italian neighbours
Fotios
Old 2nd March 2008, 11:53 AM   #542
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Linear Purpose
Hello guys,

I'm looking for goods models for:
- MJL1302A/MJL3281A
- MJL4281A/MJL4302A

Any body can help ?

Regards.
There are not good models or bad models. There are only models! Logically thinking i wonder: Who is in place to confirm in me and to you that the model of OnSemi or of Fairchild (for example) for the same type of active device is most reliable?
Think about.

Fotios
Old 2nd March 2008, 12:04 PM   #543
syn08 is offline syn08  Canada
Account disabled at member's request

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Filters

Quote:
Originally posted by Edmond Stuart

As long as you are playing with that buggy piece of bloatware from Orcad-Candence (list price $9,995.00), which apparently even lacks the tools for designing filters, I can barely see a good reason why you are whining about the price (starting from $0.00) of Micro-Cap.
Homo Sapiens Non Urinat In Ventum, therefore I fully agree with you.
Old 2nd March 2008, 12:18 PM   #544
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Hi Edmond

I looked your PGP amplifier in your webpage. Indeed it is very impressive with all the novelties included. Sincerelly i acknowledge that you are front from me by far. Nevertheless i have a remark on your project, but i will refer it only if i have your leave. Also your confirmation with each sincerity from you, that my reply will not cause a friction between us. I am tired from the costless criticism and the perpetual exchanges of posts without significant reasons.

With each respect to you and in your admirable effort.

Fotios
Old 2nd March 2008, 12:25 PM   #545
Edmond Stuart is offline Edmond Stuart  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Filters

Quote:
Originally posted by syn08
Homo Sapiens Non Urinat In Ventum, therefore I fully agree with you.
So you too have made the switch to MC. Congratulations.
Old 2nd March 2008, 12:40 PM   #546
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by fotios
Hi Edmond

I looked your PGP amplifier in your webpage. Indeed it is very impressive with all the novelties included. Sincerelly i acknowledge that you are front from me by far. Nevertheless i have a remark on your project, but i will refer it only if i have your leave. Also your confirmation with each sincerity from you, that my reply will not cause a friction between us. I am tired from the costless criticism and the perpetual exchanges of posts without significant reasons.

With each respect to you and in your admirable effort.

Fotios
Hi Fotios,

First, thank you for your kind words.

If you have a remark, please feel free to let me know. As I'm not sure whether your comment fits the purpose of this thread (i.e. exchanging models and tips), perhaps it's better to send me an email.

Cheers, Edmond.
Old 2nd March 2008, 01:08 PM   #547
Bob Cordell is offline Bob Cordell  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:

As long as you are playing with that buggy piece of bloatware from Orcad-Candence (list price $9,995.00), which apparently even lacks the tools for designing filters, I can barely see a good reason why you are whining about the price (starting from $0.00) of Micro-Cap.
Hi Edmond,

This is a straw-man argument. The one to compare with on price/performance/value is LTSPICE. I'm sure that there are a couple of things that MC does better, and it may have a slightly better user interface, but for the price ($0), LTSPICE seems superior for most of us.

Cheers,
Bob
Old 2nd March 2008, 01:13 PM   #548
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Filters

Quote:

Hi Fotios,

First, thank you for your kind words.

If you have a remark, please feel free to let me know. As I'm not sure whether your comment fits the purpose of this thread (i.e. exchanging models and tips), perhaps it's better to send me an email.

Cheers, Edmond.
It is O.K., and has not relation with the theoretical part. My aim it is to give you a help (if you need it). It has only relation with the practical implementation of PCB. It has a nice and very carefully placed GND star point. My remark it is about the orthogonal drawed tracks. They don't have the need of mittering the corners? Or for better the rounding of corners? As we know from the basic physics of Faraday's laws, the charge or the negative ions have the inclination to concentrated at peaks such the 90 deg. corners of the tracks on PCB and thus generating unpredictable & unwanted parasitic capacities.
Only that.

Regards and many thanks for your gentlness

Fotios
Old 2nd March 2008, 01:58 PM   #549
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Cordell
Hi Edmond,

This is a straw-man argument. The one to compare with on price/performance/value is LTSPICE. I'm sure that there are a couple of things that MC does better, and it may have a slightly better user interface, but for the price ($0), LTSPICE seems superior for most of us.

Cheers,
Bob ]
Hi Bob,

Take it easy, Ovidiu is teasing me with "straw man arguments" and I'm teasing him back with the same kind of BS.

BTW, for DIYs it's not the price that matters, rather the "availability".

Cheers, Edmond.
Old 2nd March 2008, 02:17 PM   #550
diyAudio Member

Default Re: PGP

Quote:
Originally posted by fotios
It is O.K., and has not relation with the theoretical part. My aim it is to give you a help (if you need it). It has only relation with the practical implementation of PCB. It has a nice and very carefully placed GND star point. My remark it is about the orthogonal drawed tracks. They don't have the need of mittering the corners? Or for better the rounding of corners? As we know from the basic physics of Faraday's laws, the charge or the negative ions have the inclination to concentrated at peaks such the 90 deg. corners of the tracks on PCB and thus generating unpredictable & unwanted parasitic capacities.
Only that.

Regards and many thanks for your gentlness

Fotios
Hi Fotios,

Sure, the PCBs does leave room for such improvements. As a matter of fact, it was a haste job (because of a time limited special offer of the PCB manufacturer).

Cheers, Edmond.

Spice simulationHide this!Advertise here!