• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

TSSA V1.6 docs and buyers list

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
However, I suspect a slight deterioration in midrange and treble nuances both with (i) doubling output devices or (ii) using single double-die devices.

I am not sure about the Exicon parts but with the original Hitachi parts (K1058/J162), the Gate resistors being changed from the usual 100E/200E to 470E and 680E makes a remarkable difference to the balance of the sound. I am not able to recollect which value for which polarity device.

Alas, that's an amp version with an extra driver not the V1.6 boards so not for us to try, yes?

No, it won't be an extra driver but an extra output pair OR changing the existing output pair to double die devices, ie., 16 Amp, 250 Watt devices. The unequal Gate resistors are in view of unequal Gate capacitance between and the N and P channel L-Mosfets.

Sonnya, sorry I did not refer to the schematic but assumed that there were Gate resistors like always. Anyway my comments were only to find a way of improving the Bass performance of your excellent amp. As an added bonus, it should cope better with difficult speaker loads.

It will give you more control in the bass section in my opinion, but they are also twice as expensive as ECX10N20 and ECX10P20.

upwards i do not see a lot of differences...

Well i have only conducted the test myself and my wife have listened too...

Hi Sonny,

I feel inclined to buy the ALF16N & 16P mosfets but can I just confirm that you have actually tried them and they sound good & work well.

thanks

mike

Hi Mike.

Right now i have ECW20N20-Z and ECW20P20-Z in my system. Just have to be a bit more carefull turning up bias.

I have also tested ALF16N16W and ALF16P16W.

You can also use: ALF16N20W and ALF16P20W

But remember to turn R22 CCW 15 turns before power up and after powerup turn it slowly CW until there is 50mV across R30 or R31.

Wait for 10 minutes and adjust for 50mV again. The extra circuit i have built onto the TSSA to get it behaving will slow increase its current until the temperature has stabalized. Tje idle current will fall slowly until the system temperature stabalizes.
It will not make thermal runaway.....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.