diyAudio.com Begathon

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
reduce traffic, generate revenue

I'm just getting ready to figure out how to donate via Paypal.

What occurred to me:
- diyaudio is visually very elaborate, the madisound forum is much simpler but also less convenient (you can only view one post at a time) => why not keep the thread structure but change everything to text-based?

- There are some threads which are true gems that I keep going back to (and generating traffic in doing this). Printing out is tedious because you need to print out all the images and attachments separately. Caching a whole thread also does not seem to work.
=> why not offer the whole forum on DVD (or one forum per DVD if too big) for sale, this would generate revenue and cut down on bandwidth

Re: reduce traffic, generate revenue

capslock said:
I'm just getting ready to figure out how to donate via Paypal.

What occurred to me:
- diyaudio is visually very elaborate, the madisound forum is much simpler but also less convenient (you can only view one post at a time) => why not keep the thread structure but change everything to text-based?

- There are some threads which are true gems that I keep going back to (and generating traffic in doing this). Printing out is tedious because you need to print out all the images and attachments separately. Caching a whole thread also does not seem to work.
=> why not offer the whole forum on DVD (or one forum per DVD if too big) for sale, this would generate revenue and cut down on bandwidth

We may eventually get to this, but it will be a truly enormous coding task.

To All:

We're ending the 2004 Begathon today, though anyone is free (and encouraged!) to donate any time they wish. Thanks to the generosity of our members and to industry participants, we have hit our goal and can keep the doors open and lights on. And, of course, my personal thanks to the hard-working volunteer moderators and advisors, who are unbelievably generous with their time and energy.

AudioFreak and I will be contacting donors shortly to arrange getting custom titles implemented as our thanks to you.

Again, you folks have really come through when we needed it, and we really, really appreciate it. We'll do everything we can over the coming year to maintain the high quality of this forum and (hopefully) start breaking some new ground.

SY/diyAudio.com Moderator
:captain:

Although no official announcement was ever made I think we have basically come to the conclusion that there was no outright winner and that we will keep our current logo for the time being. We may however occassionally use some of the entries from time to and for brief periods. I will compile a list of honorable mentions and post it this week.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.