Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Site Announcements Updates to the forums will be displayed here.

diyAudio Guides
diyAudio Guides
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th May 2018, 12:55 PM   #11
No 4 is offline No 4  United States
diyAudio Member

I quickly skimmed through the ACA build guide and like all of 6L6’s build guides it is very visual and very detailed. The build guide forum is a great idea that will give new builders confidence to build knowing they have a detailed resource to reference. These guides will be nice for the seasoned builder as well that may not have the time to wade through thousands of posts to find a specific answer. This is a very exciting time in the world of DIY audio. The growth of the store and the evolution of the forum is great to see. This has been my favorite site for many years after stumbling upon it while researching a restoration project of a pair of ESS AMT monitors. Since I have built several amps from chip to tube, horn speakers, cables, audio related furniture and what my wife considers “excessive wall treatments. The only item in the chain in my main room that is not diy is the CD player. I currently have three projects in the works and there is no end in sight. The ACA will be the fourth in process but that is intended to be built by my daughters 6 and 10. They are always asking about my projects and this will be a good way for me to learn more and teach them at the same time. In other words I hope to pass the bug on to them. Keep up the good work! There are probably many more of us out there that won’t come out and say it, but we are all very eager to see what is on the horizon.
Old 6th May 2018, 05:30 PM   #12
vlv81 is offline vlv81  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Looked through the new ACA build guide. Great addition to the site! Wading through hundreds of pages of posts in the build guides can be a daunting task for a newbie. I kept a notebook with page and post numbers for things I thought would be helpful for me to reference later in an effort to organise an Aleph J build. These new guides will be awesome, great photos as usual and explanations.
Personaly, I've built two amplifiers, early 90's before the internet One at school which was successful, basically I only soldered it and fit it all into a chassis. Second one I built from a book a few years later but didn't realise the importance/differences of certain components such as transistors (matching probable fault), capacitors (generic el-cheapo) etc... This played music but not to the quality I'd hoped for.
Build guides, store items, BOM's etc.. will make the world of difference.
Thanks to the site admin, 6L6 for his guides and efforts, knowledable posters such as ZM, BobEllis et al. and the incredibly generous donations from the designers such as Mr Pass this hobby will be far easier and accessible for people like me.
Old 8th May 2018, 08:28 AM   #13
Logosity is offline Logosity  United States
diyAudio Member

Just joined and new to the community. Thanks for putting this together! Us newbies greatly appreciate the effort - hope to see more guides.
Old 30th May 2018, 03:47 PM   #14
ikek is offline ikek
diyAudio Member

A guide I would greatly appreciate is a guide to where to get components. And preferably by region or other suitable subsets. For those of us who are new to this hobby it can be daunting to find not only the correct component but also where to get them.
Old 19th June 2018, 07:25 AM   #15
planet10 is offline planet10  Canada
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

diyAudio Guides
Jason,

This threas would make a good build guide. It could be generalized to cover the different details of a basic diy build.

Frugel-Horn Mk3 Flat-Pak Mock Assembly Instructions

dave
Old 21st June 2018, 08:55 AM   #16
twocents is offline twocents  South Africa
diyAudio Member

diyAudio Guides
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
When I originally started diyAudio, it was actually to collate online a list of audio projects people could build. Over the years it's grown into much more than that of course, and I am blessed to be a part of this amazing community. However having a single place to find a project, get the information you need, and start building has always been elusive.
Fantastic, and thank you Jason (and all the others involved) - you are doing a great great job!

I think this is a great initiative and will probably (and hopefully) draw more newcomers to diy audio. I am still a bottom feeder here myself, but also feel blessed to be part of this amazing community and knowledge base.

diyAudio GuidesHide this!Advertise here!