Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Site Announcements Updates to the forums will be displayed here.

diyAudio will be down this Sunday/Monday for upgrades
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th July 2017, 05:30 PM   #31
zman01 is online now zman01  Bangladesh
diyAudio Member

Thanks Jason for keeping us updated and for all your efforts!
Old 10th July 2017, 05:47 PM   #32
jsantoro is offline jsantoro  United States
diyAudio Member

Thanks for all the time you dedicate to this. I've been in IT all my life and know the amount of work involved in preparing and executing this.
Jim
Old 10th July 2017, 11:11 PM   #33
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinkr View Post
Some odd problems posting in Firefox, the dialog does not size correctly, both initially and in edit mode where "Go Advanced" is selected. Reloading, etc does not seem to help. Some problems with some of the icons not loading I guess.

First shown is initial post, then edit (not in advanced mode)
Blame the wiki for that one. I am waiting to hear back about how to de-tentacle it while they work on a fix for another problem it's having. Even after disabling it, it leaves "vestiges".
Old 12th July 2017, 04:27 AM   #34
diyAudio Administrator

So... there was unfortunately some collateral damage. I had tested the everything we were using was compatible with (or I had recoded it to work with) the latest version of PHP. Subsequently, I upgraded us to the latest (most secure) version of vBulletin. It was only a minor point version upgrade of vBulletin. It never occurred to me a minor point upgrade would break anything. However it turns out that it was more like a major point upgrade, and breaks support for a lot of legacy 3rd party software (Eg: our Gallery), as well as some of their in-house modules that you would never imagine they would break compatibility with (eg: the blog system).

As such, and having discussed this matter with the moderators, we feel it is in the best interests of the community in general not to downgrade to a previous version of vBulletin, but stay with the latest (and most secure) release. We are currently in a process of improving the overall stability and security of the website, and these older, now unsupported add-ins are only going to cause us more pain if we try to retain them.

As such:
  1. The blogs area has been archived and made read only. All previous links and images will still work, however no new blogs or posts can be made. The archive is accessible here: diyAudio - Blogs and if there are any problems with existing links etc please post a bug report here.
  2. The gallery has been taken down. All previously uploaded images are still there and accessible, however no new uploads can be performed. The web based navigation has been removed and unless there is great consternation will remain removed.
  3. We are going to move forward with a migration to XenForo 1.5. XF2 may take longer that we would like, and there are too many great features waiting for us after the move to XF that we should not hold back. More details about the migration roadmap will be forthcoming over the next few weeks
  4. XF includes enhanced user pages which may provide an adequate replacement for the blogs system. If there is a better option we'll use that. Once the new system is live, we will attempt to migrate the old blogs to the new format/system.
  5. XF includes an inbuilt gallery, and again, once the new system is live, we will attempt to migrate images into that format/system.

On the plus side, we have now really tightened down the hatches for our current platform. There is still quite some work to be done upgrading more pieces of our current platform, and then moving the whole thing to a brand new server, and preparing for development of the new XF powered version of diyAudio, which will take a few months.

Thanks
Old 12th July 2017, 05:20 AM   #35
gkh is offline gkh  Austria
diyAudio Member

Hi Jason,

a bug that just appeared: In the quote window several icons lost teir pictures. Please see JPG attached.

Thanks
Gerald
Attached Images
File Type: jpg quote bug.JPG (98.2 KB, 195 views)
Old 12th July 2017, 05:43 AM   #36
diyAudio Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkh View Post
Hi Jason,

a bug that just appeared: In the quote window several icons lost teir pictures. Please see JPG attached.

Thanks
Gerald
That's the wiki software doing that - been waiting several days for the wiki developer to respond to my support tickets about this, and several other issues with their software.
Old 12th July 2017, 05:44 AM   #37
gkh is offline gkh  Austria
diyAudio Member

Ouch!
Thanks for your hard work!
Old 13th July 2017, 11:39 PM   #38
needtubes is offline needtubes  United States
diyAudio Member

I may have found a bug as well. From the main page, www.diyaudio.com, I cannot navigate to any of the subforums. When I click a link, I get the following error:

Code:
#0  DBSEO::handle404() called at [/www/diyaudio/diyaudio.com/htdocs/forums/dbseo.php:511]
This error was obtained by trying to browse to the Solid State forum. I can, however, successfully navigate to individual threads whose titles appear in the "Recent Posts" box on this main page, and can also navigate to subforums from www.diyaudio.com/forums.
Old 14th July 2017, 12:08 AM   #39
Dave Zan is offline Dave Zan  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by needtubes View Post
... error:

Code:
#0  DBSEO::handle404() called at [/www/diyaudio/diyaudio.com/htdocs/forums/dbseo.php:511]
This error was obtained...
Same here. OK yesterday, if that is a useful data point.

Best wishes
David
Old 14th July 2017, 12:10 AM   #40
diyAudio Administrator

Thank you. Yes, we have just (this hour) moved from VBSEO (outdated, unsupported) to DBSEO (current, supported). Thanks for the bug report. If you see anything else let me know.

Wiki is still a work in progress.

diyAudio will be down this Sunday/Monday for upgradesHide this!Advertise here!