diyAudio will be down this Sunday/Monday for upgrades

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
  1. Wiki is back up and upgraded to the latest version. I'm working on restoring the old link structure as the SEO friendly link structure is not currently operational.
  2. Have spent several days working on creating a nice static archive of the Gallery, that will be up shortly.

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hi irribeo, try a different browser. There is some odd caching going on. I was getting that as well and I switched to a different browser and it worked as it used to. Came back to my normal browser and it then worked as expected.

I'm still getting the forums on my phone using Chrome though. The only thing that fixes that (temporarily) is opening an incognito tab. It's a weird one!

Tony.

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hi Jason, I think that *some* post links are messed up. I just tried to create a link to an earlier post in my thread and it is going to a completely different post.

This http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/power-supplies/309582-lm317-lt3080-ltspice-journey.html#post5121910 should be going to post #4 but it is actually going to (almost) post #16

I've noticed it on other threads as well. I was going to do an example to post 5 in this thread, but that works :rolleyes:

edit: typical, it seems to be browser dependent. I just tried chrome and it links properly (but the inline images are broken). In waterfox the link goes to the wrong post, but when I scroll back the inline images are fine... Gremlins!!
edit: duh.. I wasn't logged in with Chrome and apparently images don't show if you aren't logged in!
edit3: It seems (for me) chrome is the only browser that works properly. I think it may be an image rendering related issue. I upgraded waterfox from 53.0 to 54.1 and it now lands on a different post. ie and pale moon also don't go to the correct post.

Tony.

Last edited:
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Just experienced about 40 minutes of downtime. Not sure exactly why but it appears that Apache crashed, and it is to do with the Wiki software. Disabling the wiki has restored normal operations. I am still working on many different upgrades and archivals but obviously this is now at the top of the list. For now the Wiki will be disabled (again).

Jason said:
Once we move to our new platform, the sky is the limit. I look forward to existing members such as yourself enjoying the new and improved features, as well as seeing a new generation of audiophiles getting the do-it-yourself audio bug and enjoying the hobby.
Thank you mate for your hard work!!!!!

May I suggest something I think is BETTER than Xenforo if your gonna drop this?

SMF is beautiful .... Its fast and basic and works well ........ Have a look @ this site :)

www.mauisun.org/smf?theme=2

Another SMF site im on: www.inthe00s.com/index.php?theme=2

Thank you Jason..... I have loved it here since I joined DIY :)

Last edited:
Joined 2000
Paid Member
SMF is nice, but there is a lot of energy behind XF and I like the direction they're heading in.

I think I have tracked the problem earlier today down to the new Wiki version requiring a lot of extra resources and it overloading the server's memory caches. I have made some adjustments and re-enabled the wiki. Let's see how we go...

Ya its interesting since you changed the Wiki months ago I notice on IE6 (MyIE2) here it locks up,doesnt load right.... sometimes I have to hit refresh once or 2 times.......

Anyway you could add an option to disable Wiki from loading for a particular user? (I mean I can block it from loading but other than that)

And thank you Jason for your comments about Xenforo........So you think XF is more powerful than SMF is?? -- HMMMM I hadnt really thought of it...... (All I thought about is how pretty it looks)

Joined 2000
Paid Member
Hi Jason, since the upgrade Enhanced Print View doesn't work for me anymore (renewal was not long ago).
TIA Ulli

Thanks Ulli. I'm working on this now.

I realize that I could do a better job of keeping everyone informed of how progress is going, what's been finished and what is yet to be done. To that end, I have created a Trello board which will soon be accessible at https://status.diyaudio.com. If the site is ever down by my own handiwork you can check there to see if its intentional (sometimes it will be, sometimes it may not be!).

Until DNS propagates, you can get to the "diyAudio Status" board here: diyAudio Status Trello Board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.