The diyAudio Store (USA) soon to stock chassis – requesting your feedback!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
I think it depends on your definition of "standard". Our feedback suggests most people will want to use premium posts, to match the premium look of the chassis, and "premium" posts tend to be a larger diameter than the cheaper ones. We're going to offer "premium-yet-affordable" posts in our back plate parts kit.

The mechanical diagram has been posted above (V1.6). The holes are 3/4" apart (the standard distance for double banana plugs), 11.5mm in diameter, and have a keyed slot (which stops the post twisting) so that other premium keyed binding posts such as those from WBT can drop straight in. We're also going to be offering blank back plates if you want to DIY. With a suitable washer or collar, you could make smaller posts fit, or drill the hole larger for larger posts.

Last edited:
Yes, handles will be available! The line up for our first production is already locked in, but based on feedback we'll consider expanding and tweaking the options for the next run.
Since you need a plat's worth of chassis to make this work from a cost point do you have a time line for the next batch . Where I am going with this is if people will pre order some thing hi2000 make but you don't stock what the lead time might be. Regards

Joined 2000
Paid Member
Since you need a plat's worth of chassis to make this work from a cost point do you have a time line for the next batch . Where I am going with this is if people will pre order some thing hi2000 make but you don't stock what the lead time might be. Regards

I'd say about 2 months, hopefully sooner, but will confirm as soon as I have hard data.

Joined 2000
Paid Member
I'm a big fan of "one click" ordering. I think it would help to get a lot more people building stuff :) We are in the process of adding digikey/mouser part numbers to our BOMs.

The chassis are about to start shipping to the USA. Here are a few more update photos...

Attachments

• 200mm half-heatsink before anodizing.JPG
    200mm half-heatsink before anodizing.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 650
  • 300mm heatsinks before brushing and anodizing.JPG
    300mm heatsinks before brushing and anodizing.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 633
  • back panel with schurter PEM and deluxe binding posts.jpg
    back panel with schurter PEM and deluxe binding posts.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 617
  • every element in individual plastic wrapping.JPG
    every element in individual plastic wrapping.JPG