First post perpetual edit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
I think this is more a hypothetical question rather than a problem tbh. I can't recall any such incident occurring and even if it did then as Jason suggests, the post could be restored from a backup. Locking or closing the thread would then presumably stop the OP repeating the action.

Just my thoughts on it :)

Any thoughts on the OP being able to add and or updated attachments in the first post in addition to the text? For threads with fast developing content being able to actually manage attachments in the first post might be nice instead of simply linking to changing content.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
You can always ask for the help of a mod to change the odd attachment nonetheless. This is a safer method also for avoiding deletion of useful content by a thread opener who has gone sour or dodgy with his audience well after a project or GB is already in the making. Not the norm at all, but there have been one or two cases in the past.

I understand the need to try to maintain a thread's integrity. The suggestion arises when some of these threads run into 100+ pages and 1000's of posts where the content gets lost. I had an example recently where I had to scan back 15 pages to get to the salient file that was maybe a week old. Anyhow it would still be nice to get an official Yay or Nay on the topic.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.