10 Year Burn In Tshirts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
It's been a long time coming and I do apologize for the wait. The first part of my research was ordering various shirts from Spreadshirt, Printfection, Cafepress, Wordans, and Printmojo to compare the quality. All the digital printed tshirts pretty much sucked for sharp text or clean lines (only really suitable for photo style printing). Spreadshirt's pretty innovative flex print was sharp as a tack but looks a bit ironed on. The only real quality I saw was from a dedicated screenprint. And so while a lot more complicated in terms of inventory I wanted to get this done nicely so I made the decision for this commemorative "10 Year Burn In" Tshirt (To mark diyAudio's 10 year anniversary) to be a proper screen print (Credit goes to Bassivus for the concept!).

A large field of designs was whittled down to just a few, and finally down to one. I gathered feedback from random selections of the target market. Something that became obvious through the process was that if you give 10 people the chance to pick from 10 different designs they will all make entirely different and incompatible choices. I had one guy saying "#1 is great, definitely don't use #5" and another guy saying "I love #5 it's perfect, a 9/10!". So, next year when we're selling our regular run of shirts we'll have several completely different designs! One thing everyone agreed on was that the "real" diyAudio logo should be somewhere on the shirt, and it was clear that the design had to be reasonably unoffensive and broad in appeal.

The final design was a favorite with a greater percentage of respondents than any other, I imagine because it was simple and clean. I hope you'll agree it's a neat design. The exact configuration of print location, color, size, etc, might change depending on feedback over the next week and I'm happy for a maelstrom of differing opinions to flow through this thread.

Would you like it on a tshirt or on something else? We'll get this design on some cafepress gear like mugs etc (any special requests?) so that if you want a piece of diyAudio history but don't care for wearing it out you have that option. If you're interested in anything from cafepress's vast range of merchandise please post here.

If there's enough demand for a "plain" version perhaps with just the diyAudio logo on the front and just the words "10 Year Burn In" on the back I'm sure that could be arranged.

For those looking for a diyAudio tshirt but not this one, we'll have a range of different Tshirts next year, likely one that's screenprinted and a range of print on demand options. Spreadshirt has a very nice "enter your own text" option for it's shirts which will no doubt give life to the wild and varied entries in the Tshirt catchphrase thread.

Fanatic donors will receive an email shortly requesting their postal address and Tshirt size.

Thanks as ever for your support.

Attachments

• final-final-final.png
    final-final-final.png
    11.5 KB · Views: 925
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 906
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 908
Last edited:
Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
That's all I really want to know!

:)

If I'm a fanatic, and am already going to receive a shirt, how do I add a second one to my order?

PS - Nice job!

Hmm I'm not sure what I can do for you about the girl :) I'll work out some bulk pricing though and post it here later today. I'm glad you like the design.

Last edited:

taj

diyAudio Member
Joined 2005
Shipping to Canada

I was just about to click Go on the PayPal order form, then I realised you'll probably want to charge more for shipping to a Canadian address.

Have you considered how you're going to handle shipping to different countries, Jason? Just let me know how much to add to the default $9.00 (US) shipping rate, and I'll finish off the order.

Great idea, guys. Nice shirt.

..Todd

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.