Articles and Gallery now live!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
May I introduce two new features on diyAudio.... our new articles area and our new image gallery.

My personal vision for diyAudio was always "to make our fun easier to find" and this marks a step towards that goal. Please bear with us while we work out the kinks and find the best possible way of representing the myriad forms of information on diyAudio in a simple and logical format. We're currently somewhat at the mercy of premade software packages and the confines of our forum software but next year we'll be making inroads towards a fully customized website that fits us instead of making us fit it. Less bells and whistles and and a simpler, cleaner and more effective interface. If everything pans out as I'd like, you'll soon be able to quickly find all the information you need in the one spot without having to dig through threads piecing things together.

To start off our article section we have the Burning Amplifier 1 and Burning Amplifier 2 articles from Nelson Pass as well as the Burning Amp Festival 2009 report from Jan Didden. We have more articles in the pipeline - if you think you have an article that might be of interest to the community we'd love to hear from you.

The gallery currently has 3 sections:
You're welcome to create your own member gallery and show the world what you've built, or are building.

If you'd like to upload photos of an event, let us know the name of your event and we'll create a category for it so that it's easy for others to find.

Likewise, if you have some project pictures, let us know the name or genre of your project and we'll create a category for it under Projects. We'll do our best to end up with a clean category hierarchy that saves you time and facilitates the process of sharing and gathering inspiration and ideas for your projects. There might even be a monthly prize for the best DIY artisan :)

Lastly, thanks as ever goes to you for helping grow diyAudio into the wonderfully rich and diverse place it is. I'm looking forward to a much more navigable and easy to use website in the future - fast, full of rich content and low on noise.

Please post any bugs in the main diyAudio bugs thread.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.