Our webmaster Dan (Audiofreak) is retiring, returning later as a moderator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Dear Members,

I'm sorry to announce that Dan (Audiofreak) will soon be retiring from the role of diyAudio's webmaster and server administrator.

For the past 10 years, Dan has done an amazing and selfless job of keeping our website online and improving its features. When it comes to security and stability, "Dan is the man" and our uptime speaks for itself. The herculean hours he worked during our "great leap forward" upgrade last month were typical of his dedication for diyAudio - his family didn't see him for a whole week. We've been extremely fortunate to have such a skilled engineer in the engine room for all this time donating his time and skills.

While he'd love to stay on, Dan has a lot of life saving and potentially life threatening surgery coming up. In fact most of the next two years will be spent either in hospital or in recovery as the doctors perform their magic.

I hope you'll join me in thanking him for the amazing job he's done to date and wish him the best of luck with his surgery. We hope to have Dan back again in the future when he's recovered, the next time round as a moderator. Being of strong faith, I'm sure that if you would spare some time to make a short prayer for him he would appreciate it.

I'll be taking over all webmaster and server administration duties when Dan leaves. I'm pretty handy with a linux server but no means a guru, so we'll be getting a new server, managed by gurus, as soon as we can.

Jason

Thank you Dan for the unbelievable dedication and personal sacrifice, all the more amazing in that as far as I can tell you spent the entire time an unknown behind the scenes and your efforts generally unrecognized. All the best in your next challenge.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
My best wishes and prayers for you Dan. Having pulled through a couple of hard years myself I can attest to the remarkable medical technology available and how wonderfully effective it is. Combining that technology with your faith and our prayers will help you to pull through this impending ordeal. Our Father has given you this chance to overcome your health issues and live to do his will. After all – if he had chosen to call you home you would already be with him rather than here with us. Keep the faith brother – it ain’t your time to go yet. Get well, we will be here waiting to give you a big welcome home, and look forward to you telling us to play nice together or you will toss us into the sin bin!! :whip:

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
My best wishes and prayers for you Dan. Having pulled through a couple of hard years myself I can attest to the remarkable medical technology available and how wonderfully effective it is. Combining that technology with your faith and our prayers will help you to pull through this impending ordeal. Our Father has given you this chance to overcome your health issues and live to do his will. After all – if he had chosen to call you home you would already be with him rather than here with us. Keep the faith brother – it ain’t your time to go yet. Get well, we will be here waiting to give you a big welcome home, and look forward to you telling us to play nice together or you will toss us into the sin bin!! :whip:

Dan,

I've already given you my best wishes for what's to come your way.
Hang on and we'll see you back here.

jd

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.