Welcome to Upgrade Island!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
tstitans: Thank you for the offer. I will PM you!
Glowbug: Quick reply - yes! (Thanks Mark!)
relder: Hmm live unmoderated chat... undecided at this stage, but will give it consideration :)
tag: Thanks ;)

As for new features.. there'll be all the standard stuff you'd expect of any cutting edge modern forum, and the ability for us to quickly develop and add new technologies as they emerge.

And to everyone else offering kind words - thank you very much, it's great to hear such kind words.

The really hard work here though is done by the moderators who have worked tirelessly for a decade often burning themselves out in the process trying to maintain the best signal to noise ratio in the business. They have done a fabulous job and my thanks goes to them.

Jason said:
Welcome to Upgrade Island!

A chance to pull out the banana lounge and chill out for a few days in the virtual sun while the forum gets upgraded.

Thanks for your patience - we will try to have the new ship ready as soon as possible!

Yeah, right.

I recall a certain skipper once saying the same thing to the five passengers of the SS Minnow. And look what happened to them.

You can't fool me. We're marooned here. Next thing you know, SY will cleverly cobble together a radio transmitter using scavenged parts and the last good vacuum tube on the island only just before he sends out the SOS, Jam comes bumbling along, trips over a coconut, and smashes it to bits.

I WANNA GO HOME!

:bawling:

se

badman said:
I call Mary-Anne!

You can have her. I call Mrs. Howell.

CHA-CHING! :$: :$: :$: :$: :D

Hi Steve, here's hopin' yah come back around this way with the forum change.

Well, I tried.

Then I finally figured out just what "Upgrade Island" meant.

At first I thought it was just trying to be cute. Like Tape Trail, Radio Road, etc. over at Audio Asylum. :xeye:

se

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
And speaking of dear Lovey --- I mean Mrs. Howell.
How do you know you're getting old?

When you're watching a Gunsmoke rerun and you think to yourself "Hmmm, now that Miss Kitty is a fine looking lass..."

I spose the same goes for Mrs Howell.....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.