And now a word from our editor...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Actually in this case we may well be able to at least work towards that. As Jason has already mentioned elsewhere, it is possible with the new software to create skins... basically different colour schemes... as exemplified just getting to here, getting a colour scheme right is not a simple task.

Maybe we should start a new thread, and those who would like a colour scheme that is easier on their particular eyes can submit already working examples from other forums to give us a better starting point.

There are many things more important to get fixed, but our continued goal is to make this forum a member of the set of creme when it comes to internet forums.

dave

It was an ordeal to get a color scheme together. You guys have no idea the number of designs, competitions and countless hours of experimentation that went into a final decision to change almost nothing :)

Starting a thread where people can submit their ideas for high/low contrast versions sounds like a good idea to me, Dave!

You guys did an outstanding job! I´m very (very, very, very) happy to find diyaudio.com up and running again and even more useful than before. My donation will come on payday.

Thank you.

Nice fresh look, and best of all my wife will still know when I am spending time with the "purple people" :D as she likes to refer to diyaudio as.. I spend more time here than anywhere else on the net.. (that's probably fairly obvious) :spin:

The "purple people" - I like it... :)

Mark, Jason and the rest of the team, congratulations for the new website, it's awesome.

I think especially the articles section has a huge potential if people volunteer to consolidate info from big & popular threads.

I have one suggestion for improvement:

most of the time, the way i search is by user e.g. by my name. If i want to do a search by user i have to navigate through 2 windows i.e. search> advanced search
is it possible to put that under the first search button

the colour scheme is fine by me, i think i would be upset if you changed it..:)

maybe we could have a poll on the colour scheme hehe

oh I have another one, in the articles sections when you click it prompts you to save the article (happy to see mr pass is already populating the section).

can we not set it up to directly open the pdf on the browser?

Love the new website - many thanks for everyone's efforts.

I noticed that when viewing a printable version of a thread, you are now limited to a maximum of 40 posts per page. I used to view a printable version of a thread and select all posts, then search for keywords with my browser. This was a very quick and easy way of finding bits of info from a long thread (eg. all references to R200 in the B1 buffer thread). Maybe viewing the entire thread was a drain on resources - if so then I understand the change. If not, is there any way this could be restored?

Thanks again.

There was a big problem. Whenever I went to the home page from someplace else the user status just vanished and I had to log in again... this is gone now and browsing has become much more hassle free and the home page no longer makes me forget what I am looking for! :D :p And it is also very nicely organized!
Plus the color scheme is just Cool! :cool:

Great job! 10/10

:)

New forum suggestion

A great site made better.
Congratulations.

However one suggestion for an additional forum- "Design and measurement software", maybe located under the "tools" heading.

This could include speaker, PCB and electronics simulation software. At present this stuff is rather scattered between threads and not that easy to find.

Actually in this case we may well be able to at least work towards that. As Jason has already mentioned elsewhere, it is possible with the new software to create skins... basically different colour schemes... as exemplified just getting to here, getting a colour scheme right is not a simple task.

Maybe we should start a new thread, and those who would like a colour scheme that is easier on their particular eyes can submit already working examples from other forums to give us a better starting point.

There are many things more important to get fixed, but our continued goal is to make this forum a member of the set of creme when it comes to internet forums.

dave

Hi Dave,
This is an example of warm colours for which I have preferences :
http://recording.org/ftopicp-337294.html
Regards

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Dave,
This is an example of warm colours for which I have preferences :
http://recording.org/ftopicp-337294.html
Regards

Ugh, :confused:

I much prefer the current color scheme. (And I wouldn't agree that the referenced site color scheme is warm. In FF on my linux based system the site is rendered in grayish tones with a hint of brown, visually bland to my eye...) Too bad there isn't some way to change preferences locally so that you can have what you like and I can have what I like. I think the scheme referenced is quite unattractive, and I'm not trying to be mean - I'm just saying that everyone has their preferences and the one chosen for diyaudio is a pretty good compromise. I'm sure there is something I would like even better and that you might like even less.

I think the current scheme is just fine as compromises go, but either way I am more interested in the generally excellent content here.

:D

Last edited:
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member

Attachments

• brownScheme.png
    brownScheme.png
    31.1 KB · Views: 114
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.