• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Switching Mode Power Supply For Tube Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
On Sale Now!
RTP-15 SMPS For Tube Amplifier

Description
SMPS has several benefit over iron transformer in tube amplifier. First of all it has very low internal impedance (about 6 Ohm vs more than 50 Ohm of transformer). This feature will improve the dynamic of tube amp significantly. Second, the effeciency is much higher than transformer. Third, SMPS is much lighter than transformer.

Features
RTP-15 is designed for integrated amplifiers has output power of 15Wx2 (PP) or 8Wx2(SE).
- Input voltage: 100V-240V
- Output HV: 280V 300mA
- Output LV: 6.3V*1A, 6.3V*2A, 6.3V*2A, regulated seperately
- Switching frequency: >80KHz
- Dimension: 158mm x 100mm x 38mm
- Weight: 480g

Recommended Applications
6V6 SE, EL34 SE, 6P3P SE, EL84 PP...

Last edited:
photos

photos of the module

Attachments

• tubesmps-1.JPG
    tubesmps-1.JPG
    136.9 KB · Views: 2,471
  • tubesmps-2.JPG
    tubesmps-2.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 2,244
  • tubesmps-3.JPG
    tubesmps-3.JPG
    133.8 KB · Views: 2,328
  • tubesmps-4.JPG
    tubesmps-4.JPG
    159.8 KB · Views: 2,230
Hi greenvalve
They are under aging process, not listed for sale yet.
This is a CE certified product, can be batch sold worldwide. price is not determined, but won't be higher than a transformer system. The sample was sent to a big Japanese buyer a few days before, I'm not sure wether there'll be some left for the forum members. But won't be too long for the 2nd run.

This module is underspecified on the web page. Is there a comprehensive spec sheet?

What's the total power for this module? Can I use all the outputs at full power? If I add up all the outputs I get 115W.

How much ripple and noise on the outputs?

What type of control is used? is it variable frequency?

What is the actual efficiency?

What's the maximum capacative load? Can it drive an inductive load?

Thanks,

Michael

Last edited:
I'm on the verge of going 'production' on a compact tube combo amplifier for guitar, and your #1493 RTP-15 looks almost perfect.

This is a 12W unit with a remarkably powerful 8" speaker and 2XEL34 turning out about 40W max in a cathode-biased Push-pull topology.

Input will be 115/120V 60Hz.

Preamp tubes in this model consist of a single 12DW7 and one EF86.

While the 280V is a bit lower than what I would like, I could deal with that, and the 300mA seems adequate, so my first question regards how that translates to your stated output power of "15Wx2 (PP)"? My prototype uses an Edcor transformer that's only rated at 180mA, albeit at higher voltages, and that's adequate.

So, questions are 1. Will this work for my application as is? (Have yet to do all the relevant math.)

2. Any possibility of getting something with a bit higher output voltage? I know there are lots of units out there that deliver 360V, but that filament output on yours is a real bonus!

Thanks.

Joe

P.S. -- the Inquiry form on your website does not display the security code in either Firefox or Chrome.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.