• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Reference inside wiring of SR tube amp kits

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
6N1 + 6P3P

Attachments

• DSC00049.jpg
    DSC00049.jpg
    416.9 KB · Views: 349
it's a plastic ribbon for fix onething on another. Sorry I don't know the English word for it. We can buy 1000pcs at $20 here. I will send a lot with the amplifier you ordered.

I think SR should list more such things as free stuff. It's almost cost nothing here but I know you have to pay quite a lot $ for them.

Last edited:
Well, I have a suggestion for you Ray. For things like this, and other up-grade items some customers may wish, just set up an "Accessories Page". Customers can go there and order upgrades so they can improve the looks of their kit. And make it interchangeable, so it can apply to all of your projects. It keeps the number of accessories down in number. Its less complicated that way.

I'm talking about things such as those plastic tie-downs, a better looking switch, a nicer knob, and any easy add-on to a kit which will not affect the shipping costs.

And don't give it away once you have things set up. Advertisement is nice, but once it is established you will have a willing market. Just offer a nominal fee, which includes a reasonable profit for yourself. Most of these kit builders are going to be first, or second, time builders, and many will want to have a finished product that will give them more pride when showing friends and relatives. If you provide these things, along with the base package, people will be more favorably inclined to buy from you again.

You won't just be helping your customers but yourself as well. It will increase your stature as the man to obtain a kit, and allow you earn a little more profit. And at the same time you are giving the customer some choices. People like choices.

And if an accessory causes the shipping to go up, pass pass the extra cost along to the customer, but just do that as a service. Shipping is the biggest extra expense, so you will need to be careful with that cost. You will be making something on the items, and not penalizing the buyer for ordering extra.

I'll give you another example. I do a lot of looking around when I research something, and have done the same with these amplifiers. Another vendor offers assembled amplifiers similar to yours, but they are more custom. The case is really nice and attractive bamboo, which is very plentiful in China. And note the upgraded switch, and volume knob. It also looks like the case for your kits is all the same size. This means that you would only have to stock a few of these cases, and not worry about getting them mixed up.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

And don't bother with cutting any holes in the case: the kit builder will do that at his home.

I know I personally would Love to order a nice case like this, and use it for my kit. And I would pay extra for it. But just set it up as an extra on top of the basic kit. Keep sending the original case, because a kit builder can find a use for it on another project. That way you can offer extras, and still make your life simpler. If you had a choice of two, or three, different cases, you would attract more customers.

They would have a choice they would not have elsewhere. For a little bit of research and experimentation you could add to your items, and give the buyer more reason to order them when they want to upgrade, or start a new project. If you have a supplier, you won't need to keep an inventory on hand, other than one or two. If you sell a good number, you can stock a few for quick turnaround, but only if it is a good seller.

Anyway, its just a suggestion. And speaking of that, can you obtain an upgraded frame like that one? I'd pay you for it, along with the freight. I'm planning on customizing one of my kits, by adding some custom wood around the case. Its just one of the things I want to do, in order to 'personalize' my project.

Anyway, food for thought.

it's a plastic ribbon for fix onething on another. Sorry I don't know the English word for it. We can buy 1000pcs at $20 here. I will send a lot with the amplifier you ordered.

I think SR should list more such things as free stuff. It's almost cost nothing here but I know you have to pay quite a lot $ for them.

I think your describing double faced adhesive tape, or 2 sided tape.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.